Other Clubs' Pre-Season Games 09/10

Neil

Arsene persisting with 4-3-3 (Wooooo) tonight against Hannover, Cesc first game back :smitten:

Still no Rosicky though, RvP - Bendtner - Arshavin up top, sounds like it could be something we could see regularly this season :D

Arsene persisting with 4-3-3 (Wooooo) tonight against Hannover, Cesc first game back  :smitten:

Still no Rosicky though, RvP - Bendtner - Arshavin up top, sounds like it could be something we could see regularly this season :D

Doesn't the importance of Bendtner in that system worry you a little?

Arsene persisting with 4-3-3 (Wooooo) tonight against Hannover, Cesc first game back  :smitten:

No, i have alot of confidence in him when he's stuck in the box.

What with his clinical finishing and all.

That said 38 games up top in that Arsenal side, I'd like to think most strikers can get at least 15 goals, pushing 20.

What with his clinical finishing and all.

That said 38 games up top in that Arsenal side, I'd like to think most strikers can get at least 15 goals, pushing 20.

I don't think he has had enough of a consistent run to prove himself yet, i see him flourishing this season tbh

"Eboue giving away his shirt and boots to the crowd and waving with both hands on his own seems interesting"

I hope thats just him trying to repay the fans not saying goodbye, that one would really hurt me if he left and really lose us a key player imo.

"Eboue giving away his shirt and boots to the crowd and waving with both hands on his own seems interesting"

I hope thats just him trying to repay the fans not saying goodbye, that one would really hurt me if he left and really lose us a key player imo.

I remember Sir Les doing the same at St. Andrews pre-season.

Les Dennis?

Les Dennis?

No....Patterson silly.

Petrov for Villa has dislocated his shoulder

Big blow for Villa. He was quite a lot better than Barry for them last season whenever I watched their games.

He had a far better season than Barry, true. I'd have been more concerned about selling him than GB.

MON needs to get his fucking finger out big style. The squad is down to the bear bones, I just do not know what he is playing at.

On the bright side, the next batch of academy kids, Albrighton, Bannan and Weimann have looked very good on the tour, especially the first of that three, who was really excellent last night, scoring one and setting one up.

Into the final of the Peace Cup tomorrow against either Real Madrid or Juventus, having beaten Porto 2-1 tonight (playing largely the kids, and the last 20 mins with 10 men).

Just for once I can put aside our chronic lack of transfer activity and impending doom for the season ahead, and reiterate that Marc Albrighton (academy kid) has been absolutely superb this pre-season, playing way beyond his years.

Further to that, Barry Bannan and Andreas Weimann have also looked excellent, as has Guzan in goal.

Into the final of the Peace Cup tomorrow against either Real Madrid or Juventus, having beaten Porto 2-1 tonight (playing largely the kids, and the last 20 mins with 10 men).

Just for once I can put aside our chronic lack of transfer activity and impending doom for the season ahead, and reiterate that Marc Albrighton (academy kid) has been absolutely superb this pre-season, playing way beyond his years.

Further to that, Barry Bannan and Andreas Weimann have also looked excellent, as has Guzan in goal.

Wish I could have seen the punch-up. To be fair though, "playing largely the kids" is a bit of a fact-massage - only Lichaj and Albrighton in the starting lineup could be called kids.

Wish I could have seen the punch-up. To be fair though, "playing largely the kids" is a bit of a fact-massage - only Lichaj and Albrighton in the starting lineup could be called kids.

Well, I make it

Guzan

Lichaj

Albrighton

Ciaran Clark (after 20 mins)

Hardly seasoned campaigners.

Apparently MON's sending off the other day was due to transfers for Delph (Man City money) and Martins (thank fuck for that) falling through that very day after being very close.

Guzan's nearly 25, with 7 caps!

I do rate Albrighton, though, and Delfouneso looks very good. Not convinced Bannan will overcome his lack of height to win a regular place. Still think MON will have to buy 4 strong squad players minimum, and you still desperately need a classy CB to replace Laursen.

Droopy vs tango for the prem asian trophy on here. whilst i despise the above and normally jenarse, the latter was visibly gutted and tearing during the minutes silence. apart from sbr signing him, they share birthdays dont they?

Anyone watching the Arsenal game?

Young Argentinian comes on, "Only 18, and yet to make his Senior Day-go, er, debut".

:lol: