Isn't it...

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The highs are very high and the lows are very low.

When have the highs been very high? The lows are lower than any other football club on the planet, the highs are moderate at best.

depending on your age, we've had a few title challenges, a few cup finals/charity shield, a few runs in the champions league, other european football often, broke a world record which led to shearer scoring 206 goals to break another record.

forgive my positivity but i love all that s***.

I remember all that yes, and I loved them at the time, but no way were the highs then as high as the lows are low at the minute, the only thing that is as high as a relegation is low, is winning a trophy, which I have never seen, the lows have very much outweighed the highs in my lifetime, and I've been supporting Newcastle almost 20 years...

Guest The Libertine

Lows outweight Highs by miles.

really? looking purely at the highs in my lifetime i get this...

keegan era - probably unbeatable in every way. breathtaking if you lived through it at a decent age.

dalglish era - 2nd place finish, champions league run, beating barca 3-2, fa cup final.

gullit era - fa cup final.

robson era - second only to keegan in terms of success and great memories.

then it gets a bit shit bar the odd moment every now and again.

I'm shocked that you've listed Gullit and Dalglish as highs.

The FA cups were just prime examples of almost-highs followed by earth shattering lows.

I am no longer interest in 'the ride', 15 years of it must have shortened by lifespan.

i havent listed them as highs. ive listed what i consider to be highs during their time here. as for the cup finals its the brilliant cup runs to get to the final as well as the cup final experience as a whole that im thinking of.

keegan era - probably unbeatable in every way. breathtaking if you lived through it at a decent age.

dalglish era - 2nd place finish, champions league run, beating barca 3-2, fa cup final.

then it gets a bit s*** bar the odd moment every now and again.

I'm shocked that you've listed Gullit and Dalglish as highs.

The FA cups were just prime examples of almost-highs followed by earth shattering lows.

I am no longer interest in 'the ride', 15 years of it must have shortened by lifespan.

He hasn't listed them as highs, but reaching the FA Cup final is amazing for any club.

Guest The Libertine

When have the highs been very high? The lows are lower than any other football club on the planet, the highs are moderate at best.

depending on your age, we've had a few title challenges, a few cup finals/charity shield, a few runs in the champions league, other european football often, broke a world record which led to shearer scoring 206 goals to break another record.

I remember all that yes, and I loved them at the time, but no way were the highs then as high as the lows are low at the minute, the only thing that is as high as a relegation is low, is winning a trophy, which I have never seen, the lows have very much outweighed the highs in my lifetime, and I've been supporting Newcastle almost 20 years...

we'll just have to agree to disagree since personal feelings are very ambiguous.

we can go far, far lower than we are now but we cant get any higher than we were. my positivity ends there.

I'm with your way of thinking.

I'm a lot more negative than many people though, I'll readily admit that.

You missed the promotion season out and the 3rd place finishe where we played some fantastic football, some of he best i've ever seen.

making Liverpool under souness look like utter twerps.

Guest The Libertine

You missed the promotion season out and the 3rd place finishe where we played some fantastic football, some of he best i've ever seen.

making Liverpool under souness look like utter twerps.

filed under "keegan era". too many highs to type without getting cramp or dying of old age.

I think I've found my limit. Even relegation and the emotional shitslide it put me through was "interesting" in a way.

Now? There's just flat out nothing to talk about or be interested in.

Thanks for the 'support' - now please fuck off and 'support' a team that you can watch each week on asia sports, we won't miss you.

I think I've found my limit. Even relegation and the emotional shitslide it put me through was "interesting" in a way.

Thanks for the 'support' - now please f*** off and 'support' a team that you can watch each week on asia sports, we won't miss you.

No need to get nasty Stu, the lad has reached rock bottom and there are plenty of people feeling bad about the situation.

Comments like that aren't needed like that tbh.  How about not insulting people and trying to gee them up and get them back onside.

Thanks for the 'support' - now please f*** off and 'support' a team that you can watch each week on asia sports, we won't miss you.

No need to get nasty Stu, the lad has reached rock bottom and there are plenty of people feeling bad about the situation.

Comments like that aren't needed like that tbh.  How about not insulting people and trying to gee them up and get them back onside.

Honestly? Right now I can't find the energy to have my life revolve around NUFC like it's been doing for as long as I can remember.

Whenever I read any kind of news about the club it just makes me want to puke. I feel like I'm watching a close relative die of cancer.

I'd follow this club to the Unibond League if I had to, but arguably what we're being put through this summer is far worse than even an additional relegation. How am I supposed to support a club with no owner, no manager, and no players who want to be here?

If that makes me a bad fan, oh well, whatever.

I've almost reached the same point as oldtype, there's just nothing to get into at the moment.

I imagine when the season starts I'll just start following as usual, but at the moment I'm just trying to forget about the whole thing.

Honestly? Right now I can't find the energy to have my life revolve around NUFC like it's been doing for as long as I can remember.

Whenever I read any kind of news about the club it just makes me want to puke. I feel like I'm watching a close relative die of cancer.

I'd follow this club to the Unibond League if I had to, but arguably what we're being put through this summer is far worse than even an additional relegation. How am I supposed to support a club with no owner, no manager, and no players who want to be here?

That shouldn't come into it though, it's an emotional attachment to the club itself, not any individual at the club, the players, managers, owners come and go. The club will always be there. Times like this will only make the good times sweeter when they come.

That shouldn't come into it though, it's an emotional attachment to the club itself, not any individual at the club, the players, managers, owners come and go. The club will always be there. Times like this will only make the good times sweeter when they come.

It shouldn't, but we're all human and it's hard to love the club when you absolutely despise every single person involved with it in any capacity. Surely there has to be some element of hero worship possible.

It shouldn't, but we're all human and it's hard to love the club when you absolutely despise every single person involved with it in any capacity. Surely there has to be some element of hero worship possible.

You don't even know me and you already despise me... :weep:..all I do is support them..

Meaning that when the highs do come around, it's absolutely sensational - which is why i'm a bit undecided. 'Sometimes' is a fucking ridiculous option to have and a total cop out if you've selected it... of course it's sometimes good, it's sometimes shit.

On the whole, in my lifetime - it's been pretty garbage being a Newcastle fan. There was the three-year spell under Bobby which was mint, but unfortunatley i'm a couple years too late to remember the first Keegan days. Meaning for me personally, it's been a bit rubbish.

I wouldn't change it for anything though. I clicked no cos at the moment especially, it's made me either depressed or apathetic; this summer takes the biscuit, it was meant to be the most exciting period in recent summers (new squad clear-out, new manager, etc etc). It's got to be a No at the moment.

But i know that when we do achieve something fantastic, i know it'll feel about a million times better than ManU winning even a quadruple.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it's mint, because I'm a massive idiot.

This.

Although seeing morons acting like fucktards on SSN and some of the embarassing conspiracy theories on here really test my patience.

Guest BooBoo

It's been quite some time since supporting the club has been a pleasant experience for me. The last five years have been more like endurance, with the odd bright spark along the way.

I love meeting up on matchday for a drink and a laugh with the lads but the 90 minutes of football experience has been poor since the days of Robson.

It's been quite some time since supporting the club has been a pleasant experience for me. The last five years have been more like endurance, with the odd bright spark along the way.

I love meeting up on matchday for a drink and a laugh with the lads but the 90 minutes of football experience has been poor since the days of Robson.

Pretty much it like. Love going to the match, but not for the actual match itself anymore. More to catch up with people and the rest of it.