Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

nope. Krul had a good game when he came on. Young players will make mistakes but you have to deal with that. He looks ,more imposing than harper looked all last season. Harper is totally shit deal with it. Krul is young and may turn out shit but at least he seems to come for the ball

The difference between harper and krul is harper freezes on his line and krul comes out and wins that ball, kicking looks better and he is more agile. Alright one game b ut both keepers had a half each and I know who I would prefer already and it aint harper. I want the keeper to come off his line and grab it. With harper he is always on his line never seems to move. On crosses he is shocking. For the record Krul came out at least 3 times and won balls in the air that harper would not have even been off his line for

Aye, and twice the ball was nearly in the back of the net! In fact, one time it was!

The first cross and the final cross he faced he had difficulty against. The other half dozen he was fine with.

The difference between harper and krul is harper freezes on his line and krul comes out and wins that ball, kicking looks better and he is more agile. Alright one game b ut both keepers had a half each and I know who I would prefer already and it aint harper. I want the keeper to come off his line and grab it. With harper he is always on his line never seems to move. On crosses he is shocking. For the record Krul came out at least 3 times and won balls in the air that harper would not have even been off his line for

Aye, and twice the ball was nearly in the back of the net! In fact, one time it was!

Only because the bloke got an unfair headstart in getting there of course.

His kicking is shit, never commands his area and he looks very lethargic when diving for a shot.

He is a 2nd rate keeper and always will be. I thought he would be ok when given went but does not look like he can handle the pressure

His kicking is shit, never commands his area and he looks very lethargic when diving for a shot.

He is a 2nd rate keeper and always will be. I thought he would be ok when given went but does not look like he can handle the pressure

This is a Krul thread, you're looking for the Harper one.

His kicking is s***, never commands his area and he looks very lethargic when diving for a shot.

This is a Krul thread, you're looking for the Harper one.

I think he meant Harper, he was replying to Ronaldo wasn't he?

Not at all. I like harper as a bench player but he is not a number one and would rather place faith in youth. You did watch harper static on his line until shola booted him in the head all first half didn't you ?

Can't believe Krul's getting a few criticisms aimed at him after that performance. :lol:

Even if he does have weaknesses, which is obvious at his age, he's not worse than Harper. I'd start him regularly now a) because he'll iron out those weaknesses in time, whereas Harper won't, and b) it'll increase our chances of keeping him long-term.

And p.s. harpers kicking is shit, like givens was and both never commanded their area. I saw give from the moment he signed and him and harper have never commanded their area. Like david james, van der sar, reina etc. A keeper is not just there to save the shots and boot it up field. They have a part to play in the tactical game also

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its 45mins served on pure adrenaline, so I'm not getting carried away yet, but it was promising. Question is, can he be consistent?

Guest Geordiekev

yip, harper is s*** sorry should have said that first.

You have a short memory, when Given was injured before Keegan pissed off, Harps owned the the goal mouth and I would have kept him there....

Steve has been fantastic for us and put up for a long time playing second fiddle.. Krul is a fantastic young keeper and has always impressed me since his arrival.

Regardless who is in between the posts we should thank our lucky stars that we have a choice, now get off their case as niether of them put a foot wrong today..

Harper played well under Shearer although before that looked lethargic, granted.

Harper has played 5 bad games for us in his entire career here, the criticism aimed at him is pretty unfair to say the least

Harper played well under Shearer although before that looked lethargic, granted.

Harper has played 5 bad games for us in his entire career here, the criticism aimed at him is pretty unfair to say the least

Really? I remember him being beaten ridiculously easily for the Spurs goal down there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We're lucky that we have:

Harper

Krul

Forster

Soderberg looks ok, but think he still has some ways to go to get up to scratch

Jak Alnwick could be a huge prospect, but he's way too young to be judged.

He is over confident and under talented. 5 bad Games????? take the rose tinted specs off man, he's a crock of shit.

Not sure about Forster and Soderberg,  Alnwick is highly rated and England international for whatever age he is now, U17,U18? but nowhere near the first team, doubt he's even close to the reserves, Max Johnson is probably ahead of him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Soderberg and Alnwick have barely hit puberty.

Soderberg is 19

Alnwick is 16

Soderberg has looked good at times, but at other times looked a bit suspect, but he's young and has some great people to learn from.

Not sure about Forster and Soderberg,  Alnwick is highly rated and England international for whatever age he is now, U17,U18? but nowhere near the first team, doubt he's even close to the reserves, Max Johnson is probably ahead of him.

Max Johnson's website always makes me laugh:

http://www.maxjohnson.net/