Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

In the 135 minutes we've seen of Krul playing first team football, he's showed much more than Harper has over 10 years.

you may have a point in krul being worthy of a run but saying he's showed more than harper has in 10 years is shit of a high order.

People are criticising him for how he deals with crosses as if Harper isn't s**** at it himself. :lol:

harper rarely comes flying out for obviously unreachable stuff. hence the pav likeness.

Harper rarely comes out at all, which is just as much of a weakness as coming out too much.

People are criticising him for how he deals with crosses as if Harper isn't s**** at it himself. :lol:

harper rarely comes flying out for obviously unreachable stuff. hence the pav likeness.

Harper rarely comes out at all, which is just as much of a weakness as coming out too much.

i'll bet defenders will tell you different.

Flapped at one or two? 

I fail to see how you can blame the defence for that.

All about his decision making and today he was rash and he needs to improve.

He flapped at one or two, the rest he collected. No debate about that.

The defence is pish in the air, we struggle to deal with aerial balls. It became abundantly clear in pre-season this was a major weakness. I've no doubt Krul's decision to come for almost every ball stems from the fact he's more confident in his ability than that of our defenders to clear it.

Krul actually did fantastic coming for the ball a few times, its just when he didn't get it he didn't get it in a Titus Bramble manner.

This basically.  He did fantastically when it was a simple catch.  As soon as there was some pressure and a few bodies in the way he was rash.

Sort that out and there's no reason to drop Harper.

I thought he did well under pressure a couple of times, its just those 2-3 when he got overexcited which concerned me.

Still promising.

Guest Heneage

Be totally honest I didn't see Krul flapping as much as people make out, he made 2 punches and one flap at the corner other than that safe.

Krul actually did fantastic coming for the ball a few times, its just when he didn't get it he didn't get it in a Titus Bramble manner.

This basically.  He did fantastically when it was a simple catch.  As soon as there was some pressure and a few bodies in the way he was rash.

Sort that out and there's no reason to drop Harper.

Eh?

In the 135 minutes we've seen of Krul playing first team football, he's showed much more than Harper has over 10 years.

You cant say that, Harper has deserved this chance because he has been so loyal, dont you know.

and for many years had a good argument for being in front of given (not that i agreed but there wasn't much between for a long time)

you may have a point in krul being worthy of a run but saying he's showed more than harper has in 10 years is shit of a high order.

I'ts not tho man.  Harper's never had reactions anything close to what we've seen of Krul in these 2 games.  And it's not as if he hasn't had the chance.

Call me crazy but I think he's got more bottle than Given.

Shay used to stay on his line for crosses which puts pressure on the defenders at least Krul goes for the ball.

Still need to know when to come and when to stay, Shay never came, Krul never stayed :lol:

Krul reminds me of throwing a stick for a dog.

Shay used to stay on his line for crosses which puts pressure on the defenders at least Krul goes for the ball.

Given never had the aerial presence Krul has. Shay's strength was his shot stopping rather than his height.

These are all good points. In fact, when they get used to Krul's abilities, the defence could push up a bit more and that would solve a lot of things that are wrong at the moment at this club.

you may have a point in krul being worthy of a run but saying he's showed more than harper has in 10 years is s*** of a high order.

I'ts not tho man.  Harper's never had reactions anything close to what we've seen of Krul in these 2 games.  And it's not as if he hasn't had the chance.

Nah harpers made a few class saves in his time. But his reflexes do look to have gone downhill recently, hed never have saved all 3 of those today. Not a chance.

Given never had the aerial presence Krul has. Shay's strength was his shot stopping rather than his height.

These are all good points. In fact, when they get used to Krul's abilities, the defence could push up a bit more and that would solve a lot of things that are wrong at the moment at this club.

You reckon he will be able to afford a buyer for us if the defence push up?

Played excellent today I thought. Must admit it was quite refreshing to see a keeper come out off his line without hesitance and wanting to collect the ball. Also seeing a keeper not dither once he gets it and look to get rid of the ball quickly, but also with a purpose. Don't think Harper is capable of some of those saves he made today too.

you may have a point in krul being worthy of a run but saying he's showed more than harper has in 10 years is s*** of a high order.

Nah harpers made a few class saves in his time. But his reflexes do look to have gone downhill recently, hed never have saved all 3 of those today. Not a chance.

I agree with this. 

Harper's chance came too late :(

Im struggling to remember 1 of these "class saves"......................