Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Harper played well under Shearer although before that looked lethargic, granted.

Harper has played 5 bad games for us in his entire career here, the criticism aimed at him is pretty unfair to say the least

He is over confident and under talented. 5 bad Games????? take the rose tinted specs off man, he's a crock of s***.

Well go name me 6 bad games then. Harper is one of the few players who'll actually do ok for us in the championship

Guest gjohnson

Obviously far too soon for comparisons, but reminded me of van der Sar in his Ajax days...generally good, but prone to occasional rushes of blood to the head (as seen with a few suspect punches), but very quick agile, and certainly more comanding than Harper is (and Given ever was).

Harper isn't is bad as people are saying nor as good as Ronaldo is saying.

But either way Krul should be given his chance, football selection should be a meritocracy and Krul deserves his chance.

But either way Krul should be given his chance, football selection should be a meritocracy and Krul deserves his chance.

As good? I said he was a decent keeper, no more than that

As good? I said he was a decent keeper, no more than that

I just mean he's about average, everyone seems to be going to extremes.

Fair enough if you think he's decent, I reckon I'd say the same.  Still think we should give Krul a go though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Soderberg and Alnwick have barely hit puberty.

Soderberg is 19

Alnwick is 16

Soderberg has looked good at times, but at other times looked a bit suspect, but he's young and has some great people to learn from.

Fuck off :lol: He wasn't old enough to drink the last I saw.

Just had his birthday!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10278~44779,00.html

Harper is a good 2nd keeper but will always be found out as a number one. He has been a good servant but will never be a number one. He can't command his area. He does not push the players around. I see that already from Krul.

Get a fucking grip, We potentially have a good keeper that could be here for years and ther is no doubting that and I think he is worth the spot this year

Name me some more then, do it. If you can remember further back than Krul's save at 7PM

Pretty much every game he played at the back end of last season?

Absolute garbage

Good old Stevie.  :lol:

He's dead loyal you know.

Name me some more then, do it. If you can remember further back than Krul's save at 7PM

Pretty much every game he played at the back end of last season?

Absolute garbage

Once again you're talking bollocks.

Harper has been a shadow of his former self since Given left. He used to be a very good 'keeper but he started to look out of sorts around the time Given got that stomach injury. I can remember him having a nightmare or two then.

Okay, it wasn't as noticable as he always looked good in the areas Given was lacking in and he always went back to the bench but now he's first choice his limitations are glaring.

Harper is a good 2nd keeper but will always be found out as a number one. He has been a good servant but will never be a number one. He can't command his area. He does not push the players around. I see that already from Krul.

Get a fucking grip, We potentially have a good keeper that could be here for years and ther is no doubting that and I think he is worth the spot this year

Mental. The lad's played 90 minutes of first team football and now he's ready to take over the number 1 spot. On the basis of what, exactly? I've seen League 2 keepers play out of their skins, make wondersaves in one-off games. You get a fucking grip.

:thup:

Could it be that Allardyce, Keegan, Shearer etc all believed that Krul wasn't ready for a place in the squad because of what we've all witnessed today - very talented but suffering from inexperience and underdeveloped judgement?

Of course not, he made 3 good saves today and 4 against Palermo, those managers are all idiots for not selecting him ahead of Harper

Why all the knee-jerking? He appears to be a great shotstopper with a lot to learn and certainly one the future if not the immediate future

Could it be that Allardyce, Keegan, Shearer etc all believed that Krul wasn't ready for a place in the squad because of what we've all witnessed today - very talented but suffering from inexperience and underdeveloped judgement?

Of course not, he made 3 good saves today and 4 against Palermo, those managers are all idiots for not selecting him ahead of Harper

Why all the knee-jerking? He appears to be a great shotstopper with a lot to learn and certainly one the future if not the immediate future

Being relegated changes a lot of things.

Krul is probably worth a run in the team at this level.

Noone says he is the finished article. But I for one would rather try him out and see. Its the ideal league I don't have faith in promotion and would rather we tried the young players out. Older players have bad habits. These lads don't. They lack experience but do not looked that scared. Look at carrol. He may not have hit any heights yet but we have to give him games

The point is that he's only going to get better if he's actually playing. Getting splinters on his arse waiting for someone to have the bollocks to drop Harper isn't going to improve him. He needs time on the park.