Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

JUST  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I feel 1000% better knowing we have someone like Krul on the bench.

Same. I haven't seen him play since, well, palermo and he was fantastic today. The more chances and experience he gets playing with us means less of the odd error but frankly, every keeper makes errors - if he doesn't concede than who cares, a good example would be david james!

We have an excellent backup for now so that makes me feel far more assured :)

You have to remember he's been here a while already. Two years gone since the Palermo match now.

All this "why do we always hype the youngsters" or "the last thing he needs is to be made first choice" is all fine and well with someone who has just stepped up from the youth team but that's not Krul at all. In this case it feels like a huge underestimation of the guy.

He's already been the first choice keeper at a couple clubs while on loan and I think he deserves the chance.

Also, reposting this from the other week:

Speaking to the Sunday Sun, Krul pledged his alleigance to the Toon, saying, "My aim is play in front of 52,000 Geordies.

"Of course there will always be interest from other clubs but I want to stay here. To get a chance to play for a club like this made sure I’d never be homesick. I feel like a Geordie now."

The 21-year-old Dutchman went on to elaborate on his love for Tyneside as he spoke of the season ahead.

I’m starting to talk like a Geordie," he began. "It’s a great city and a great club.

"To go down was horrendous, but we are looking towards the West Brom game.

“This is a big season for me. We have three goalkeepers fighting for the [number one] spot and we need all of us at the club with forty odd games to come."

The shot-stopper finally assured that he is ready to break into the cream of the team, and showed his willingness to take the leap to play for the club on a regular basis.

“I just have to be patient and when the [caretaker] manager [Chris Hughton] needs me, I have to show him I’m ready," he concluded.

:smitten:  :snod: :pow:

As much as a like Harper, I thought Krul was the better keeper.  Perhaps we could flog Harper to a Premier League side and make Krul first choice. 

He'd be the only choice. :lol:

We can have Fraser Forster as second choice.  :lol:

Why does him being 21 matter atall, he performed better than harper. If harper had played today, we would have lost in about 3 seperate ways. The whole "hes to young, his whole game isnt there...he needs time" etc is bollocks for me. Just spouting out generic crap because hes young.

If hes good enough give him a chance. He was far more commanding in the air than harper.

Harper did play today.

Why does him being 21 matter atall, he performed better than harper. If harper had played today, we would have lost in about 3 seperate ways. The whole "hes to young, his whole game isnt there...he needs time" etc is bollocks for me. Just spouting out generic crap because hes young.

If hes good enough give him a chance. He was far more commanding in the air than harper.

Did you watch the game? He clearly isn't ready for the shirt full-time. I'm not saying Harper is Pagliuca or owt like.

Number one for me - for now. Shown enough already that he has better qualities than Harper. Looked dodgey coming off his line, but then so does Harper, who cost us the first goal with a similarly poor attempt at coming out and punching the ball away.

As much as a like Harper, I thought Krul was the better keeper.  Perhaps we could flog Harper to a Premier League side and make Krul first choice. 

He'd be the only choice. :lol:

We can have Fraser Forster as second choice.   :lol:

He's out on loan. ;)

Did you watch the game? He clearly isn't ready for the shirt full-time. I'm not saying Harper is Pagliuca or owt like.

We would have lost that match with Harper in goal for 2nd half. Fact.

Even if he makes some errors in judgement, he makes brilliant saves that I just cant ever see Harper making. Agility and reflexes are far better. And ofcourse even when he drops a few balls he's still superior to Harper in the air.

jesus calm down man, its not as if we decide if hes playing or not right this minute. its just nice to see a promising performance from a young player

Even if he makes some errors in judgement, he makes brilliant saves that I just cant ever see Harper making. Agility and reflexes are far better. And ofcourse even when he drops a few balls he's still superior to Harper in the air.

Keeping is about safety, first and foremost. And dont type 'FACT' when you're basically making a stupid guess

jesus calm down man, its not as if we decide if hes playing or not right this minute. its just nice to see a promising performance from a young player

I completely agree, but most are suggesting he should be our no.1 after that

Who was the player running jogging back with absolutely fuck all effort to really get back and catch the player for Kruls second save?

That really pissed me off, they looked like they could have easily caught him but just couldn't be fucked and strolled along  :angry:

If he's going to make the odd gaffe i'd rather he did it being brave and trying to command his area than hiding on his goal line. The experience gained today will do him the world of good.

Keeping is about safety, first and foremost. And dont type 'FACT' when you're basically making a stupid guess

Keeping is about not conceding goals lol Thats it.

It was harpers specifically being weak in the air which led to their goal, so i dont see how his abilities excel in comparison to Kruls. You're just stuck in the idea of him needing to develop because he hasnt played much. I bet you back Ranger all day long over Ameobi however.

You reckon Harper could have made those saves? Just give me your honest guess and not any "impossible to say" crap.

If he's going to make the odd gaffe i'd rather he did it being brave and trying to command his area than hiding on his goal line. The experience gained today will do him the world of good.

Spot on

I completely agree, but most are suggesting he should be our no.1 after that

It's his shirt to lose IMO.