Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

What we now have with Krul is an excellent keeper who is mentally prepared for the challenge, but just needs first team experience to help him become a better all round keeper.

Van der Sar told Krul that he'd become a good goalkeeper by getting first team experience away from the glare of the PL. Well here he is. Time to give him that experience before we waste him and lose him to a better club for a fraction of the price we'd get in a few years.

Krul only really made one mistake and it was the same one Harper made which led to a goal.  :undecided:

Made it twice tbf, but faced a lot more pressure than Harper did. The irony is though was that the pressure seemed to come from his own team mates getting in the way.

When Shearer gets the job, I want him to get involved as a player in the set pieces and just spend the whole time giving Krul a hard time, could really help him get that sorted in his game.

Thing is he is young and is still learning, he will calm down a bit but man what a prospect, I said when I first seen him play he will be a world class keeper and I still stand by that 100%

10 times the keeper Harper is and ever has been, even at this stage of his carear.

Hopefully the end of Harper now.

do you know the meaning of hyperbole ?

krul reminded me of pav today. good shot stopper and "exciting" when crosses come in and my fucking word there are going to be a lot of bombs lumped in between now and may.

Guest palnese

10 times the keeper Harper is and ever has been, even at this stage of his carear.

Hopefully the end of Harper now.

He has only played 90+45 senior minutes for us though

Stating the obvious tbh

Krul was awful dealing with crosses.

eh? came and caught a fgood ew, twice he came and didn't clear it enough but on one of those he made a cracking reaction save to follow it up.

He was over excited a bit but fkn hell miles better than Harper

Stating the obvious tbh

Are you on the wind up tonight? :lol:

He was far from awful, he gathered the majority. He flapped at one or two but that's to be expected when your defence is so piss poor you're forced to come for every single ball. If he had more faith in our ability to deal to lofted balls he'd probably have stayed back on the more suspect ones.

Stating the obvious tbh

Are you on the wind up tonight? :lol:

He was far from awful, he gathered the majority. He flapped at one or two but that's to be expected when your defence is so piss poor you're forced to come for every single ball. If he had more faith in our ability to deal to lofted balls he'd probably have stayed back on the more suspect ones.

:thup:

Came and collected the majority of the balls floated into the box. The goal we did concede was as a result of Harper flapping at a cross.

Krul has staked his claim for a run in the team, I think.

Krul actually did fantastic coming for the ball a few times, its just when he didn't get it he didn't get it in a Titus Bramble manner.

This basically.  He did fantastically when it was a simple catch.  As soon as there was some pressure and a few bodies in the way he was rash.

Sort that out and there's no reason to drop Harper.