Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest optimistic nit

from the sounds of it he made 3 very good saves and didnt their goal come from harper flapping? he may not be there yet, but hes good and young and unfortunately he probably knows it now. tbh we are not in the Premiership, id rather we gave him the chance now when the goalkeepers dont need to be world class and with 6 months of first team football i think we would see a big difference. otherwise we may well lose him.

Krul looks better than Harper on that performance. He took most of the crosses better also.

nonsense

looks one hell of a prospect though, in fact he reminds me of Shay Given at 21, in both strengths and weaknesses. There's a reason most keepers peak at 30+ and we've just seen why. Needs a lot more games and cannot be thrown in just yet at this level

from the sounds of it he made 3 very good saves and didnt their goal come from harper flapping? he may not be there yet, but hes good and young and unfortunately he probably knows it now. tbh we are not in the Premiership, id rather we gave him the chance now when the goalkeepers dont need to be world class and with 6 months of first team football i think we would see a big difference. otherwise we may well lose him.

He made some very good saves but as pointed out we could have easily conceded from his own flapping.

Guest Stephen927

Made a good save to make up for his error seconds before.

Made another good save down to his left with his foot too, but other than that it was mostly straight forward stuff. Can't complain but can't lavish him with praise either really.

Krul looks better than Harper on that performance. He took most of the crosses better also.

nonsense

looks one hell of a prospect though, in fact he reminds me of Shay Given at 21, in both strengths and weaknesses. There's a reason most keepers peak at 30+ and we've just seen why. Needs a lot more games and cannot be thrown in just yet at this level

Took 3 or 4 crosses with ease, how many did harper get to

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He is very confident coming for a ball which I think Harper lacks but he gets a bit overexcited.

Not surprised with Steven Taylor shouting in your face everytime you save a shot.

Guest Stephen927

He is very confident coming for a ball which I think Harper lacks but he gets a bit overexcited.

Not surprised with Steven Taylor shouting in your face everytime you save a shot.

Was a lot of love on show between the two. :lol:

Could see on his face how delighted he was to be out there, aye he got a bit overexcited, but the kid pulled off some great saves.

As much as a like Harper, I thought Krul was the better keeper.  Perhaps we could flog Harper to a Premier League side and make Krul first choice. 

He'd be the only choice. :lol:

Absolutely.  Defenders will prefer a keeper they know is coming for the ball rather than the last two first choice keepers.

Krul coming & missing won't be a great deal more costly than Given & Harper's inability to dominate out penalty box over the last 10+ years.

nonsense

are you blind man? On 3 occassions he came for the ball and didn't deal with it, putting us in trouble. What is it with this ridiculous hype we create for all the youngsters?

Based on that performance he's a very good shotstopper, as he should be at 21. He's also nowhere near the finished article and the last thing he needs is to be made first choice, it'll hurt us and him.

Guest Stephen927

nonsense

are you blind man? On 3 occassions he came for the ball and didn't deal with it, putting us in trouble. What is it with this ridiculous hype we create for all the youngsters?

Based on that performance he's a very good shotstopper, as he should be at 21. He's also nowhere near the finished article and the last thing he needs is to be made first choice, it'll hurt us and him.

Fully agree with you.

Why does him being 21 matter atall, he performed better than harper. If harper had played today, we would have lost in about 3 seperate ways. The whole "hes to young, his whole game isnt there...he needs time" etc is bollocks for me. Just spouting out generic crap because hes young.

If hes good enough give him a chance. He was far more commanding in the air than harper.