Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Loaning out our #1 and best keeper. :lol:

Probably doesnt want to play in the championship again

Good deal for all imo, given he'd be back for us in the Prem in 17/18. Problem will be if he likes it too much back home and wants to stay there after this season

Guest chicken little

Still don't trust Krul either though. He's been awful ever since these injuries started. Back end of 2012.

harsh

Good deal for all imo, given he'd be back for us in the Prem in 17/18. Problem will be if he likes it too much back home and wants to stay there after this season

But he'd be content playing in the Dutch equivalent? Don't buy it personally.

It could also be an effort to give Rafa a proper look at him on loan at a club where any risks or mistakes will cause them issues rather than us.  It's a difficult one to reintroduce a player after a long term injury, especially when our future depends on it.

If Krul excels then it's win win for next season.

But he'd be content playing in the Dutch equivalent? Don't buy it personally.

Huh? Eredivisie isnt the dutch equivalent of the championship? He'd be playing champions league with Ajax too

Seems Rafa is backing Sels and we are looking to save a bit of money on wages and giving him an extension so we can demand a fee when he leaves. Sad to see him go, he's far better than what we're left with.

I like this deal, if it were to happen. it's pretty damn shrewd. Krul will get game time at the very top level of his country's league, and possibly Champions League, and if he signs an extension, we hold all the cards in terms of his future transfer or his return and competition for the #1 shirt should we get back the PL in 17/18.

if he does get into the champions league then good on him. he deserves his chance.

been a decent player for us and a great lad.

met him a couple of times with the kids and also spoken to others that have. really sound, down to earth and humble.

he loves it here.

It's borderline the same level was my point. It's genuinely horrific.

Still the premier league of his home country though. He hasnt played/lived in the Netherlands for 11 years, he'd be mad to turn it down if anything

Happy with this.

He could have done a Given and dumped the club, I think he has earned the right to play at the top level and I'm relieved we have the opportunity to bring him back when we are a top club again.

Who was offering him the chance to dump the club? Hope he stays, I like having players who have been here a while who aren't utterly shit around the place

Top lad when he's not laughing and backslapping Defoe after conceding at Sunderland

I still don't get why people get pissed off at this, do people actually think he was happy to concede a goal, especially to our rivals? It's like people expect footballers to be robots :lol: