Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I remember everyone crowding round the radio in total disbelief as well, shocking stuff. I wouldn't be shocked about anyone leaving now obviously, I just find it annoying how often we say this stuff about our players nowadays.

Ben Arfa's off every transfer window :lol:

Don't know why we do it to ourselves. We all know every player has a price and this board have shown unless a big big offer comes in, they won't be leaving.

Hopefully he gets the starts over the international break. It had been start-stop for him with his injures and now he turned in the performance of his life over the weekend.

Stekelenburg not being in great form over at Fulham should help too.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Thought I'd mention this story.

There's a rumour going around my social group that through this week this lad I know (who's a knob, in fairness) was going 60 through a 30 zone in Tranwell, where wor Timmy K lives. Tim apparently had a go at this lad, and they got in a bit of a scuffle. Details are sketchy as to who dropped who, some say that Tim got two black eyes, some say that the other lad got his head stotted off the floor. Either way, after that and this today, I f***ing love this man.

(Anyone else think that the saves from Paulinho and Eriksen close in really should've been scored though? Terrible finishing by both of them, not wishing to take anything away from the best goalkeeping performance in ever)

Oh, absolutely. The one where Krul saved it with his feet was an appalling miss.

I think Eriksen wrong-footed Krul and thought he could score with a simple tap in. Good save in my books

NSIG..

@TimKrul: Made more saves in a match against Tottenham yesterday (14) than any goalkeeper in Europe's top 5 leagues this season #NUFC

According to a couple of places it's the most saves in a premier league game since OPTA started in 06/07.  Not sure if the stats are around from before that.

Guest Roger Kint

NSIG..

@TimKrul: Made more saves in a match against Tottenham yesterday (14) than any goalkeeper in Europe's top 5 leagues this season #NUFC

According to a couple of places it's the most saves in a premier league game since OPTA started in 06/07.  Not sure if the stats are around from before that.

Imagine whoever was in goal for West Ham about 14 years ago will beat it. We had something like 40 shots :lol:

Edit: 17 years, christ i feel old

NSIG..

Imagine whoever was in goal for West Ham about 14 years ago will beat it. We had something like 40 shots :lol:

Old Ludo Miklosko weren't it?

Guest Roger Kint

NSIG..

Was thinking Les Sealey but you may be right

NSIG..

would love to see the stats from that night

Guest reefatoon

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/10/article-2497634-1954132700000578-43_964x526.jpg

Look at the clip of that big fat ginger troglodyte next to Krul's right shin.  The filthy fat munt bucket looks like she has pig tails in too.  Absolute Hammer house of horrors.

NSIG..

You're right it was.

Tino scored a lovely goal that night too IIRC.

EDIT: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/asprilla-sends-newcastle-back-to-top-1342937.html

"My only criticism is that we passed for passing's sake towards the end," Kevin Keegan, the Newcastle manager, said. "I wanted them to go for the jugular. But we had 40 shots at goal which must be something of a record. I'm nit-picking I suppose."

Guest Roger Kint

NSIG..

You're right it was.

Tino scored a lovely goal that night too IIRC.

EDIT: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/asprilla-sends-newcastle-back-to-top-1342937.html

Yes it was a lovely little dink over the keeper

Guest firetotheworks

"My only criticism is that we passed for passing's sake towards the end," Kevin Keegan, the Newcastle manager, said. "I wanted them to go for the jugular. But we had 40 shots at goal which must be something of a record. I'm nit-picking I suppose."

:lol:

Keegan man.