At last - The Chronicle take a side

Big Geordie

Today seems to be a pretty random day for the Ronny Hill to start throwing its weight around

I suspect that they have a very good idea that the sale is pretty close to being finalised (possibly some inside info from FS) and are now setting themselves up for a front page spread along the lines of 'Chronicle forces Ashley out'.

I think the Chronicle was right to hold back until now. It's one thing for fans to vent, but a local newspaper has to try and be objective and give Ashley a chance to prove he's serious, even though it's been apparent for some time he's f***ing everyone about.

Hopefully with the local journalists patience finaly snapping, Ashley will start shitting his pants that there is likely to be a major backlash with fans mobilising big style, persuading him to f*** off now while he still can.

The 'Newcastle Evening Chronicle' is (as we know) the Regional local evening paper for North East England.

Ashley doen't live in North East England.

The only local evening paper he will see (or care about) is the 'London Evening Standard'

Still, 'word' (might) get back to him, I suppose.  I also suppose he will LAUGH and ignore it (as always).

He will do EXCACTLY what HE wants.  He IS doing exactly what he wants.

Anything the Chronicle puts on its website is immediately reproduced by other media organisations around the world.  Look at Newsnow.  Most of the storiesreported in the national newspapers are lifted from the Chronicle and re-written with a slightly different spin.

I think the Chronicle was right to hold back until now. It's one thing for fans to vent, but a local newspaper has to try and be objective and give Ashley a chance to prove he's serious, even though it's been apparent for some time he's f***ing everyone about.

Hopefully with the local journalists patience finaly snapping, Ashley will start shitting his pants that there is likely to be a major backlash with fans mobilising big style, persuading him to f*** off now while he still can.

The 'Newcastle Evening Chronicle' is (as we know) the Regional local evening paper for North East England.

Ashley doen't live in North East England.

The only local evening paper he will see (or care about) is the 'London Evening Standard'

Still, 'word' (might) get back to him, I suppose.  I also suppose he will LAUGH and ignore it (as always).

He will do EXCACTLY what HE wants.  He IS doing exactly what he wants.

Anything the Chronicle puts on its website is immediately reproduced by other media organisations around the world.  Look at Newsnow.  Most of the storiesreported in the national newspapers are lifted from the Chronicle and re-written with a slightly different spin.

Yes, it would be nice to think that the Chronicle can influence the 'remote' (in many senses) owner of our club.  I just don't think he cares what anyone says or writes.  He just goes his 'own sweet way'.

At the moment everything has to be on Ashley terms & he has unreaslitic expectations on the sale.

Have you just made that up though?

We don't anything about the details of the bids or anything like that, how can we say whether or not Ashley is being unrealistic?

Ashley's tenure to date tells us he is an arrogant prick who believes he can do what he wants and get what he wants. The man believed we could succeed without investing in the first 11, that he could appoint KK and then fuck him off without expecting a reaction, let Hughton get on with it, expect managers to fall over themselves to come, appoint JK.......etc

Are you suggesting we give Ashley any benefit of doubt?

I don't know, everyone can make their own mind up.

I'm not going to get into Ashley's corner on anything, but it seems to me that he would be desperate to get out. I don't have any evidence of that, it just seems to make sense.

he was "desperate" to get out last season but ended up taking the club off the market when he didn't get the price he wanted. This time if he doesn't sell (at a price which will get the club sold) it will be time to bry the club for the foreseeable future. The Chronicle is right to up the ante.

Sell you fat bastard otherwise expect trouble.

Purely co-incidental I am sure, but the posters on the Chronicle Forum have been very critical in recent weeks that Ashley is being given an easy ride and that the Chronicle needed to start asking awkward questions.

I am sure Ashley will not give a toss but the media are starting to take an interest.  And I think the situation is deserving of closer inspection by the media.  He has basically walked out the club and left it to rot (or has at least given that impression), there are players for whom bids have been received who are desperate to leave and those bids have been knocked back when we know the wage bill is unsustainable.  We are led to believe no players will be arriving and no manager will be appointed until there are new owners.  Potential buyers are being suggested as friends of Llambias to flush out interest.  There are now stories starting to appear that those interested in buying are finding it a frustrating process and whether that is true or not, we do know Ashley has form for messing people around.  Now Administration is being openly discussed when a few months ago, we were being told that the club had no debt.  This is all becoming even more pressing because the season starts in 10 days time.  I even heard a journalist on the radio the other day put forward the opinion that it looks like he is trying to destroy the club to get his revenge.  An opinion that is often raised here but is discounted as too implausible but like us, the media are finding it difficult to fathom out what is really going on at the club.

Guest toonlass

That's mental!

I emailed Lee Ryder yesterday saying that I thought it was about time that the Ronnie said something. This was the email I sent

"As a lifelong Newcastle United supporter and a season ticket holder I am dismayed at the current situation that is going on at my beloved club. I feel that its about time that the Chronicle stood up and asked Mr Llambias and Mr Ashley exactly what is going on with the club. There is a feeling amongst a lot of fans that Mr Ashley is prepared to watch our club go to the wall.

The silence coming from St James' Park is deafening. A couple of weeks ago Mr Llambias said that there were more than two bids that met the asking price for the club and it was reported in the media that Keith Harris had recommended which bid Mr Ashley should accept. Since then we have heard nothing.

I feel that as our local newspaper, it is the Chronicle's duty to demand that the club explain what is happening. Is Mr Ashley really willing to sell the club, or is it his intention to ruin it?"

And then today this article comes out.....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!  :celb:

Always thought 'lack of communication' was a red herring TBH, what are they meant to say?

"We're trying to sell the club, we haven't managed it yet", we already know that.

They did fuck all to correct the daily "News is expected in the next few days/next week" etc etc comments that appeared in the press

They allowed that to rumble on week after week, stringing the fans, and players along into thinking progress was imminent and that the whole place could settle into pre-season.

Ashley will do it his way whatever happens, he has done it his way all along with Sports Direct, annoying the City wallahs and people tearing their hair out about his behaviour over his dealings with SDs shares etc. He just doesn't care what people think.

However I find it refreshing that the Chronicle is at last taking a stance, as someone said other papers just take the cop and tweak it - and if it gets the message out then it can't be bad.

Guest Roger Kint

Purely co-incidental I am sure, but the posters on the Chronicle Forum have been very critical in recent weeks that Ashley is being given an easy ride and that the Chronicle needed to start asking awkward questions.

As if the Chronicle staff would care what that shower of bleating fucktards have to say on the matter. Have you seen some of the threads on there, my boss reads it every morning to roll around laughing at the less fortunate ;D

As if the Chronicle staff would care what that shower of bleating fucktards have to say on the matter. Have you seen some of the threads on there, my boss reads it every morning to roll around laughing at the less fortunate ;D

Tbf the comments on the articles themselves were increasingly scathing too.