Keegan or Shearer

Guest ObaStar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Keegan came back with backing,...promotion 1st season, Europe the following season, I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

Love it how it ends there, no commitment beyond two years.  :lol:

3rd season,....champions league?

:mackems:

1st, 3rd, 6th 2nd, .....finishes good or bad?

How long ago? Footballs changed, its moved on, suggest you do the same.

He'd get nowhere near CL football even if he had 5 years at the club and a sensible amount to spend.

Thas where Keegan differs from people like you, thats why he achieved so much, he sets his ambitions high and makes the players believe.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

:lol:

God forbid if he sets his sights low if he's achieved so much as a manager.

doubt youve ever been european footballer of the year, champion in England, Germany, Fa cup winner, England manager, or managed Newcastle to promotion or second place either.

Thought we were talking about his managerial achievements here?

He was a terrible England manager and walked away from Newcastle twice, something i'd never do.

my point was, you dont achieve those things unless you have ambition.

But what's ambition got to do with things? His ambition hasn't stopped him walking out on several jobs, if he was ambitious he'd have stuck through the rough times, like Fergie in the early years at Manu. He either doubts his own ability (fair enough) or isn't ambitious enough to follow through on his goals. Which is it?

Neither, .. his ambition was beyond that of the clubs owner, and cronies.

Shame his talent and temperament didn't match.

talent? you must be one of the sky boys

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

If Keegan came back with backing,...promotion 1st season, Europe the following season, I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

He'd get nowhere near CL football even if he had 5 years at the club and a sensible amount to spend.

Thas where Keegan differs from people like you, thats why he achieved so much, he sets his ambitions high and makes the players believe.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

doubt youve ever been european footballer of the year, champion in England, Germany, Fa cup winner, England manager, or managed Newcastle to promotion or second place either.

He was a terrible England manager and walked away from Newcastle twice, something i'd never do.

But what's ambition got to do with things? His ambition hasn't stopped him walking out on several jobs, if he was ambitious he'd have stuck through the rough times, like Fergie in the early years at Manu. He either doubts his own ability (fair enough) or isn't ambitious enough to follow through on his goals. Which is it?

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

ill take that as a yes then.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

And what are you, apart from being a boring repetitive living in the past relic?

It's tragic you'd bring someone's age (though you are not much older than me) in to a debate you are losing big time.

No leg to stand on, no brains to argue back.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

And what are you, apart from being a boring repetitive living in the past relic?

er, i think you will find it was you who started this little debate.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

You who dragged it to sewer level.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Bahahahaaha!!

Pathetic.

You who dragged it to sewer level.

chasing after you...

and walked away from Newcastle twice, something i'd never do.

To be fair you cant just say that for definite. You say that as a fan but being in there, as an employee of the club, its not about being a fan any more. Its about dealing with dozens of ego's, personalities and the problems that everyone has in their jobs on a day to day basis.

A Keegan thread resulting in forum biting? Say it ain't so.

cp, TT, put a lid on it please lads. Let's try and keep this football related and not personal.

He'd have done with us what he did with Man City. Made an attractive mid-table Premiership side. I'd have taken that tbh, but to think he'd have ramsacked his way through the Premier League again is a bit naive.

We can't pick who manage us to be fair but both guys are legend after what happen last year  the last thing we need is not giving Keegan or Shearer 100%. No matter whom the manager is we need to give it our best. Keegan will make us play sexy and we will produce lots of goals. It is the right place for him the championship to rebuild and create another mommentem.

I'd ideally like someone young, ambitious and hungry to turn us around.

But given the choice of either Keegan or Shearer then I'd go for Shearer. Love Keggy for all he did for us as a player and manger (1st time round) but we need to move on. Some of us desperately need to stop living in the past and move on, the sooner the better.   

This could work well for Shearer should he get the job.

With that reaction you get when a wanker manager leaves (Roeder after Souness for example), I think the euphoria around the place and the uplifted atmosphere once Ashley finally fucks off, could really give Alan a good springboard for his managerial career here.

But given the choice of either Keegan or Shearer then I'd go for Shearer. Love Keggy for all he did for us as a player and manger (1st time round) but we need to move on. Some of us desperately need to stop living in the past and move on, the sooner the better.   

Indeed.

That's why I want neither of them

Keegan. :lol: Aye, so he can get in a huff because his coffee isn't at the right temperature and quit again.

*Waits for: "OMG ASHLEEE SUPPORTER!!!11"*

I knew it was all Kath the tea lady's fault. We'll never be able to move forward until we stop living in the past and get in a young ambitious tea lady who doesn't actually know how to make tea yet.

Keegan - a manager who has proven he can make a team perform above their ability, who has proven he has a good eye for players who will fit into a desired formation and tactics which are not only winning but attractive to watch, who has a track record of 3 out of 3 promotions as runaway champions in his first year in charge.

Shearer - a complete unknown as a manager, but hey, at least supporters of other teams might not laugh at us and we're not "living in the past"

Difficult, difficult choice.

If I supported another team would I be allowed to prefer Keegan to Shearer without being accused of living in the past?

Keegan.  He loves us really.  You just don't know him like we do. He just has this temper and.... It was for our own good really.  He just cares too much.  It will be different this time, he promised me. It has to be.  For the players.

Wow, are you a battered housewife too?

Haven't you just described Alan Shearer as a manager?

Guest Brewcastle

No doubt about Shearer want to manage a football-team. And no doubt about that NUFC is Shearer's first choice.

Then it should be no doubt for the club. Hire Shearer, now! NUFC owe Shearer that, and they should be haapy Shearer is so motivated to have the job. First season in ChShip as manager is a far better way to start the manager-career than been thrown into the PL, even ChShip is hard enough. It will be a good investment for the club's future to hire Shearer now.

I loved it when Keegan came back last season. And would like it if he showed up again. But under today's circumstances, I guess Shearer is a better choice.

Shearer or Keegan nice problem to have any day of the week...

Think either will do a stand up job tbh. I would prefer Keegan if he was backed with enough money to keep him happy, the one thing you are guaranteed with him is a good football passing game. It would be tough on Shearer though, I still think he'll turn out to be a good manager given a decent shot at it.