Keegan or Shearer

Guest ObaStar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Appointing Shearer doesn't guarantee stability mind. The pressure to take us back up will be huge, and he might well be s*** anyway.

KK is no guarantee either though. Shearer at least has a steely determination which suggests he will fight for the club til the end, no matter how bad it turns out :undecided:

Keegan Again NO THANKS he will go in a huff again at some point and F**k us off !!!

Give Shearer a go !!

So you Think Ashley is Right, and keegan is wrong?

Not at all but if he loved the club so much he should of stood his ground and stayed and seen things through instead of leaving,

Yeah like Martin Jol did at Spurs, that ended well for him. It blows my mind how anyone can think Keegan should have stayed, it was painfully obvious to everyone that he doesn't have the job he thought he did, yet with no say over who was in his playing staff he would still be judged on results, anyone who stays in those circumstances regardless of club is a complete fanny and deserves zero respect.

Plus Keegan's record in the second tier is second to none, in half a season he saved us from certain relegation, in his first full season he pissed the league, and in one season with Manchester City he obliterated the league and set a points and goals record which I think still stands. If the circumstances are right for him then that's generally a good indicator that the circumstances are right full stop, and if they remain so then I'm confident Keegan will remain manager. Even in a worst case scenario Keegan quits after say 18 months, it's highly likely he'll be leaving behind a Premier League club which is something not many other realistic candidates can offer with any degree of certainty.

Failing Keegan I'd prefer someone who has proven themselves as a manager to Shearer, Darren Ferguson for example has got a flawless record so far, whereas Shearer really has nothing to recommend him for the job other than a love of the club, which when it boils down to it means next to nothing (and if he was bad there could be a real reluctance to sack him thus further damaging the club). Not to say he may not one day be a great manager, I hope he is, but there's nothing to suggest it yet and this next manager could be the difference between a swift bounce back up and being a mid table Championship side for the next 5 years, not the time to take that big of a risk imo.

revisionism of the highest quality.

we were not certs for relegation though it looked more likely than not and to be honest we looked closer to going down after derby and millwall beat us. yes keegan has a great record getting teams promoted however with fulham and citeh he could outspend everyone hugely.

Guest Saint Andy

Appointing Shearer doesn't guarantee stability mind. The pressure to take us back up will be huge, and he might well be s*** anyway.

true, but he's the most likely to get some time.

KK is no guarantee either though. Shearer at least has a steely determination which suggests he will fight for the club til the end, no matter how bad it turns out :undecided:

Keegan also as a player (like Shearer did) had a steely determination about him.

Guest Roger Kint

Keegan also as a player (like Shearer did) had a steely determination about him.

Time machines not withstanding i know which i would prefer now though.

Me too.

Me too.

If we re-appoint Keegan me and you are sinking some wrays

Me too.

If we re-appoint Keegan me and you are sinking some wrays

:lol: No kissing gingers though.

Guest schmuck

revisionism of the highest quality.

we were not certs for relegation though it looked more likely than not and to be honest we looked closer to going down after derby and millwall beat us. yes keegan has a great record getting teams promoted however with fulham and citeh he could outspend everyone hugely.

Well for obvious reasons I didn't literally mean 'certain' relegation, maybe I was overselling the scenario a tad but the point still stands. And again he would have greater quality at his disposal and most likely supposing there are new owners, more money to spend that the rest of the league. Many mangers are given big money to spend but Keegan has always achieved with it.

Guest Wally_McFool

Kevin Keegan for  Chairman/Liaison Officer/Director of Football/ Generate the club some good publicity bloke/or whatever you want to call it

Shearer for boss

Sorted     :crazy2:   :frantic:  ;D

Kevin Keegan for  Chairman/Liaison Officer/Director of Football/ Generate the club some good publicity bloke/or whatever you want to call it

Shearer for boss

Sorted    :crazy2:  :frantic:  ;D

sounds good.:D

Guest Roger Kint

Shearer for boss

Sorted     :crazy2:   :frantic:  ;D

This over the alternative

Anyone who wants Keegan is just the type of person that give NUFC a bad name.

I love the bloke but he is an accident waiting to happen

How does that work like? I don't want him back as such as it would never happen. But if I had a choice there's no contest.

Amen.

The only way this situation could become more laughable is if KK returned as manager. Sorry scrap that, there's one more thing, that he comes back and quits again which is 95% on to happen if he got the job again.

For all the good KK done for the club he's undone most of it; basically a lot of the reason we find ourself where we are is KK thought of himself and his opinion more highly that what the fans deserve.

Keegan any day of the week, stability or not.

Why do people think that KK would fuck off just like that? The first time he did it because of the restrictions that being a PLC would have placed on him, and he was right. The second, he was undermined by Wise and Llambias, so he had to leave. I was wrong for backing the DoF structure but with clear hindsight, it's pretty obvious what went on - KK was also right to leave.

If we have an owner who trusts KK and tells KK exactly what his role is, then why would Keegan leave? If he knows how much he can spend in each window and there are no unilateral limits (such as age restrictions/contract lengths etc.) placed upon the budget, then I can only seen good things happening for the club.

On the other hand, Shearer is a man living on his reputation as a player. I know it's been said many a time but it's worth repeating: having a success playing career has no correlation with having a successful managerial career. I like the fact that Shearer's honest but his first 8 matches weren't exactly inspiring, were they? The stability argument also doesn't hold if Shearer's shit because we'd be fucked if we stuck with a shit manager just for stability's stake.

We have a choice of a man who lead us thisclose to the Premiership title or a man who has zero experience at this level - or any level, in fact.

Guest Stephen927

The only way this situation could become more laughable is if KK returned as manager. Sorry scrap that, there's one more thing, that he comes back and quits again which is 95% on to happen if he got the job again.

For all the good KK done for the club he's undone most of it; basically a lot of the reason we find ourself where we are is KK thought of himself and his opinion more highly that what the fans deserve.

There was still more than enough of the season for Ashley to find a replacement. Kinnear was not the answer. Ashley foots most of the blame, it isn't Keegans fault the owner is useless and stuck in the 90s.

Guest Stephen927

The stability argument also doesn't hold if Shearer's s*** because we'd be f***ed if we stuck with a s*** manager just for stability's stake.

Very good point. It has to be the right man, and right now I think Shearer is the man that most fans can trust to sort this mess out. Someone the fans know, who the fans like. Most fans won't pick holes in Shearer's team selection or tactics as they would if it was someone like Ferguson or Mowbray in charge of the team.

keegan couldn't win...

(if) he stayed under the d.o.f structure, and we still got relegated, he'd get the blame

if he left (as he did) he's a traitor, and it's his fault we're down, because you can get relegated with 30-odd games to play