WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

We going to find out a fair bit about Nile Ranger in the coming months, prepare for dissapointment

Goodness me, its starting to seem to me like you have a vendetta against every single member of the youth team, in addition to all the other vendettas you've got. Did they spoil a night out you had once or something :lol:

Which other vendettas? I'm just saying, if we start to expect Nile Ranger to keep us up, we'll more than likely end up dissapointed

No one expects him to set the league alight, he only has to be a more effective forward than Shola and Fatso Nolan. It's not that big an ask really.

Harper

Taylor    Colo        Bassong    Enrique

Taylor    Butt          Nolan          Duff

Shola    Lovenkrands

Was the team that won there 3-2 last there, while managed by Hughton.

I think we'll have a decent chance to beat them. Jonas, Carroll, Barton should all be upgrades on the team above, while we'll miss Lovenkrands and Bassong.

Guest Jungle Barry

I'm so glad Barton is still here. There I said it.

I think the same tbh. He's our best midfielder and could be the difference between winning and losing a match imo.

Not sure if there's any better midfielder in the championship to be honest.

Though that could be down to my total lack of knowledge of the division we find ourselves in really

I think the same tbh. He's our best midfielder and could be the difference between winning and losing a match imo.

Though that could be down to my total lack of knowledge of the division we find ourselves in really

I wonder if he'll actually play a full season this time? I think he owes us one.

There will be a minutes' applause before the game, with Albion's usual pre-match play-list abandoned in favour of Sir Bobby's Desert Island Discs' selection.

Di Matteo has nothing but admiration for the ex-England boss, claiming that, even though he never met him, he made a huge impact on him on the few occasions they met.  :kinnear:

Bodde from Swansea is the best CM in the league by a mile. Not sure now though, as he is coming back from a serious injury. So I would go with you and say Barton is. He could look like Steven Gerrard in this division if hes fit and we are playing well. Can't see that though.

I was going to say the same re Bodde and his recovery

My boss is a big Swans' fan, doens't miss a game. Said Bodde hasn't played a game yet pre-season and is about a month away. He said when he is on form, he would walk into every team (maybe not Man Citey's now) outside the top 4. He's that good.

Guest Geordiecunny

Can anyone who has a ticket tell me if their ticket has a barcode stub on the side that says "remove this stub for adults in small writing written on it?

Can anyone who has a ticket tell me if their ticket has a barcode stub on the side that says "remove this stub for adults in small writing written on it?

Mine are at home sorrey mate, if nobody gets back to you by the time I get back from work I will let you know later.

Guest Geordiecunny

Mine are at home sorrey mate, if nobody gets back to you by the time I get back from work I will let you know later.

Much appreciated as I bought this for my little brother who's gone away and would be able to let my dad use it if it's the same as the regular adult tickets.

Guest Geordiecunny

The barcode stub on my ticket says "remove this stub for concessions".

Samesies.

Much obliged. The club sold me mine as a student ticket, but it makes no mention of it on the ticket. Says they only do discounts for U18, Seniors and kids.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5463544,00.html

NEWCASTLE

Manager: tbc

Position last season: 18th in Premier League

Ground: St James' Park

Capacity: 52,387

Players in: None

Players out: Michael Owen (Manchester United, free), Mark Viduka (released), Claudio Cacapa (released), Peter Lovenkrands (released), David Edgar (Burnley, tribunal), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsberg,

Key man: Shola Ameobi  :kasper:

Chances: The Magpies have the fan base and reputation to stroll through this division, but a summer of off-field uncertainty could have a detrimental effect on their season. The expected fire sale took a long time to even start and with still no confirmed manager, they look far from prepared for the challenges ahead.

Prediction: 8th

Sky Bet odds: 6/1

Hughton: "Smith captain at WBA"

“Alan has had a good pre-season and will captain the side at West Brom,”

“He’s a strong character and is a player you know will give you nothing less than 100%.”

“People sometimes forget that he only returned from a very serious injury towards the end of last season.”

“So for him to get a full pre-season under his belt was very important.”

Hughton: "Smith captain at WBA"

“Alan has had a good pre-season and will captain the side at West Brom,”

“He’s a strong character and is a player you know will give you nothing less than 100%.”

“People sometimes forget that he only returned from a very serious injury towards the end of last season.”

“So for him to get a full pre-season under his belt was very important.”

Oh Jesus Christ.  :weep: