WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

First proper match is in less than 6 days! Thoughts? Here're mine

Team: Not just yet, thankyou.

Prediction: 3-0 West Brom.

Manager: Need some sort of timid Hughton Smiley, as it will be him.

f*** me its imperative that we kick off the season with a good start, otherwise I see us spiralling out of control in the depths of the unknown.

f***ing freaky times lies ahead of us lads.   f***ing sit tight.   :kinnear:

2-0 defeat is on the cards.

They've got a new manager for a start, which means he's almost guaranteed to have a 'dream start' etc like people invariably do against us. Then there's us being completely shit.

i'm not expecting a 3-0 defeat. 

I'm not expecting it either, just a wild stab in the dark.

I don't have a fucking clue what kind of team we'll put out, who'll be telling them what to do beforehand or, shamefully, any idea what West Brom are even like compared to last season. I've never gone into a new season like this before, it's very strange indeed.

Going for 0-0 or 1-1 .

Team :

Harper

Raylor Saylor  Kadar  Enrique

LuaLua Barton Guthrie  Gutierrez

Ameobi Carroll

I think well play awful long ball stuff and will be lucky to come away with the draw but i expect a draw.

i think the team that played today against Dundee Utd will be the team next week. 

I wouldn't play Nolan off Carroll though and i wouldn't play Jonas.  i'd play 433 if Guthrie is fit and have Smith, Barton and Guthrie in midfield with Duff and Lua lua either side of Carroll.

Tickets arrived yesterday, been pretty excited since then despite the s*** situation.

I'll go for a 0-2 win, ignoring all the negativity surrounding the club.

Shola and Jonas with the goals.  :cheesy:

Crazy indeed.  :laugh:

**** that, may as well have highlighted Shola, it's just as likely/unlikely.  :lol:

Whats the chances of us getting a new centre half by Saturday?  With Bassong & Beye heading for the exits, probably followed by Colo we can't go into the season with just Taylor, Kadar and Tozer!!!  i think Kadar could be a top player, was expecting him to be used as a full back tho first, don't think he's ready to play week in week out as a centre half in the CCC.  Not bothered about getting a top class defender be happy with some big physical lump like Shittu or Balde, just too toughen up the backline and get there head on the aeriel bombardment that we will face.