WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

No serious, he is a good finisher, or was at least, i have a gut feeling.

Do you think it's a coincidence that he only gets in the penalty area on set pieces? Or is he just too slow to get there in open play these days?

Who'll score first: Duff, Smith or Jonas?

Duff. Easily.

Who'll score first: Duff, Smith or Jonas?

Duff will get 50 before Smith gets one.

Well, I believe his current record is about 1 goal in 20, so we might just get two goals out of him this season if we're lucky.

No serious, he is a good finisher, or was at least, i have a gut feeling.

I hope you're right but statistically speaking he's not been showing it for years.

I think he is the type of player that grows with responsibility and he will get a bigger role this year if he stays and therefor i think he will grow as a player.

Too many puns. Get out.

This is how it will go.

Smith - 0

Jonas - 1

Nolan - 5

Duff - 10

Duff - 10. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt. He got 5 last year didnt he?

Guest Alan_Shearer

The team will be:

Harper - Enrique, S.Taylor, Coloccini, R.Taylor - Duff, Smith, Barton, Jonás - Nolan - Carroll.

You know, thats pretty damn good still for a Championship team, we just need the players to step up now...

still hasnt quite sunk in that we're playing in the championship tomorrow.   its gonna be a real reality check.   :facepalm:   

it's gonna be like car crash tv on the bbc,  you know its gonna be gruesome but you cant help but watch it.

The team will be:

Harper - Enrique, S.Taylor, Coloccini, R.Taylor - Duff, Smith, Barton, Jonás - Nolan - Carroll.

You know, thats pretty damn good still for a Championship team, we just need the players to step up now...

To think it cost £45m to assemble that team there, when we've already had players who cost over £30m between them leave or be sold this summer. Shocking really.

still hasnt quite sunk in that we're playing in the championship tomorrow.   its gonna be a real reality check.   :facepalm:   

it's gonna be like car crash tv on the bbc,  you know its gonna be gruesome but you cant help but watch it.

Hasn't sunk in for me yet. Don't think it'll hit me properly until we play Sheff Wed at home.........most likely Palace away when everyone up here usually goes to the pub or finds an internet stream to watch us, something as simple as that.  :weep: 

One of the main reasons why a decent result in this game is important is to ensure we continue to attend at the home games. We need to get some momentum going to give the fans some reason to turn up. God knows we can be forgiven for throwing the towel in ourselves.

I know the press and media are preparing their headlines already rubbishing us as fans. It is all we have left at the moment, so they cant wait to twist the knife there.

All we can do is continue to turn up in droves to prevent the impending bullshit.

I would hope the starting line up will be;

GK Harps

RB R.Taylor

LB Enrique

CB Taylor

CB Colo

RM Lua Lua

LM Jonas

CM Barton

CM Nolan

CF Carroll

CF Smith

I hate to think what the team might be, I don't think I can stomach Nolan upfront. I hope some other reserve players make a spot on the bench, with such a small squad and it being unlikely that we will buy anyone we will need them at some stage.

Guest palnese

Eurgh, so another season of ups and downs and probable mayhem is upon us.  I think I'm gonna start on the drink soon.

Also, whats our squad numbers.  I had this awful thought last night Shola's gonna have the number 9 top...

Yeah, Shola is our new number 9!

Eurgh, so another season of ups and downs and probable mayhem is upon us.  I think I'm gonna start on the drink soon.

Also, whats our squad numbers.  I had this awful thought last night Shola's gonna have the number 9 top...

Yeah, Shola is our new number 9!

Nah, just looked.  He's still 23.  Only change is Harpers got number 1 and Krul, Carroll and LuaLua have all got numbers in the 20's.