The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

The shot? He probably would have saved and it didn't move that much from hitting the beach ball, but the way the beach ball pinged right off really put him off / freaked him out.

The shot? He probably would have saved and it didn't move that much from hitting the beach ball, but the way the beach ball pinged right off really put him off / freaked him out.

Thinking about it a beach ball isn't really going to change the direction of a leather football being hit hard is it?  :doh:

I think it would have been harsh to disallow it too. Oh well, the only real shame is it wasn't against the unwashed.

Thinking about it a beach ball isn't really going to change the direction of a leather football being hit hard is it?  :doh:

I think it would have been harsh to disallow it too. Oh well, the only real shame is it wasn't against the unwashed.

Took a big enough deflection, tbh. Looked like it was initially going straight at Reina and then deflected a good yard wide.

Heard it should have been disallowed? Not sure about the laws on this, tbh.

Correct me if I'm wrong PM, but it's right that the goal was allowed.

The ball interfering with anything of the sort on the pitch (the beachball, a carrier bag, even if it deflected off the referee) is just another part of the 'playing field' and thus there was nothing illegal about the goal. It's just as if the ball bobbled up from a dip in the surface.

EDIT: Actually, scrap that. The beach ball technically counts as 'outside interference' it seems.

Heard it should have been disallowed? Not sure about the laws on this, tbh.

The ball interfering with anything of the sort on the pitch (the beachball, a carrier bag, even if it deflected off the referee) is just another part of the 'playing field' and thus there was nothing illegal about the goal. It's just as if the ball bobbled up from a dip in the surface.

What if it deflected off a streaker's arse?

A goal for Sheffield United against Manchester City in the FA Cup one year wasn't disallowed when the ball hit off a balloon so I don't see why this one should be, either.

It didn't hit a balloon did it?  The defender went to kick the balloon but I don't think the ball hit it.

A goal for Sheffield United against Manchester City in the FA Cup one year wasn't disallowed when the ball hit off a balloon so I don't see why this one should be, either.

It didn't hit a balloon did it?  The defender went to kick the balloon but I don't think the ball hit it.

Pretty sure the cross hit the balloon, so the defender missed the ball letting the Sheffield player score

Pretty sure the cross hit the balloon, so the defender missed the ball letting the Sheffield player score

Ah, that does sound right, my memory is a bit hazy.

EDIT: Actually, scrap that. The beach ball technically counts as 'outside interference' it seems.

I am sure on MOTD they confirmed that it shouldnt have stood

I hope that wasn't Kez again saying Aguero is in the same league as Torres? :lol:

Sorry, he's second tier stuff. Torres is miles better than him, and then there's a good dozen others before I'd consider Aguero.

Guest Heneage

Fernando Torres is the best Striker in the world imo.

Him or Aguero.

Looks like the worlds joint best striker is gan have to gan some the night with A.Madrid getting humped 3-0 at half time

And that's his fault is it?

Fernando Torres is the best Striker in the world imo.

Him or Aguero.

Looks like the worlds joint best striker is gan have to gan some the night with A.Madrid getting humped 3-0 at half time

And that's his fault is it?

He is getting worse every game even his own father in law is not picking him ffs. Like most A.Madrid players bar Forlan he is overrated & underperforms. As for tonights game he has missed a few chances.

X-Brum man Pandiani has 2 goals in the game.

Guest firetotheworks

Allardyce just summed himself up in that interview.

At 3-1 up he calmed the players down at half time and told them that if Burnley dont score then they've won.