The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rubbish first half but excellent second half. Harry made some really good substitutions which won us that game.

I knew Everton would get something today. Such a resilient team and i wouldn't be at all surprised if they overtake 1 of the champions league challengers. Great result at Villa park too.

Yep. Tottenham are out of sight and have long been my pick for 4th. I believe City still have you and Villa to play: we have Villa to play away, and there's no reason whatsoever that we can't go there and win. Liverpool won't drop lower than 6th. They just won't, unfortunately.

All we can do is keep our form going and hope the sides above continue to wobble. As you say, our resilience is well and truly back and I was sure we at least wouldn't get beat today and was mildly confident of winning. Let's see where we are after the Villa game.

7th will most probably give you Europe, too.

Rubbish first half but excellent second half. Harry made some really good substitutions which won us that game.

I knew Everton would get something today. Such a resilient team and i wouldn't be at all surprised if they overtake 1 of the champions league challengers. Great result at Villa park too.

Yep. Tottenham are out of sight and have long been my pick for 4th. I believe City still have you and Villa to play: we have Villa to play away, and there's no reason whatsoever that we can't go there and win. Liverpool won't drop lower than 6th. They just won't, unfortunately.

All we can do is keep our form going and hope the sides above continue to wobble. As you say, our resilience is well and truly back and I was sure we at least wouldn't get beat today and was mildly confident of winning. Let's see where we are after the Villa game.

The way it's going, yes. I think I'm right in saying Chelsea winning the FA Cup will make 7th a European spot, as would Spurs or Villa winning it if they finish 5th (or indeed 4th). We have a good chance in that respect.

Would love to finish 6th, ahead of Liverpool and City. Unlikely though.

Edit: 29 points from the last 13 league games. Fucking injuries.

Guest kingdawson

The way it's going, yes. I think I'm right in saying Chelsea winning the FA Cup will make 7th a European spot, as would Spurs or Villa winning it if they finish 5th (or indeed 4th). We have a good chance in that respect.

Edit: 29 points from the last 13 league games. f***ing injuries.

Just imagine what would have been if you didn't have that poor start. Moyes is a genius imo. Even though it might hurt us, i hope he gets a lot of money to spend next season. I want to see what he can do with cash, rather then the current '1 in 1 out' policy.

Oh and Hetinga has been very good. I promise you, at Atletico he was a pile of steaming crap (ask Village). Credit to Moyes for that signing for sure.

Just imagine what would have been if you didn't have that poor start. Moyes is a genius imo. Even though it might hurt us, i hope he gets a lot of money to spend next season. I want to see what he can do with cash, rather then the current '1 in 1 out' policy.

Oh and Hetinga has been very good. I promise you, at Atletico he was a pile of steaming crap (ask Village). Credit to Moyes for that signing for sure.

I agree; I wasn't hugely impressed when we signed him. Nervous start (in fairness he came into a decapitated team low on confidence). But now, in his defensive midfield role, he's flourishing massively. The question next year is, how do we fit Fellaini in? Heitinga could drop back but he's added another dimension to our midfield. Bily? We haven't even discussed the massive talent that is Rodwell.

Regarding the money thing, theoretically you'd think he'd impress even more but perhaps he's at his best when his back's against the wall? Who knows? Of course, I want some more dosh. But for this summer, we don't need massive additions. Perhaps another striker and the odd squad player but generally, we just need players to be effing fit!

Anyone need cheering up have a look at http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8262857/1/ poor Celtic :lol:

Wow, 59 pages on there already, talk about a knee jerk reaction, though they have been raped this season by Rangers to the title.

They also have a shirt thread on there, and apparenlty next year is the last year alcohol can be advertised on shirts (though they and Rangers have just signed a 3 year deal with Tennants, it sort of explains why Liverpool didn't extend their Carlsburg deal) and also they will have Tennants on their shorts aswell, how long do you think it will take untill Ashley cashes in on that idea?

Loved the sense of urgency shown by Redknapp, great subs.

Heitinga is a great player. One of the most passionate I've ever seen at the club as well, he's become a cult hero within 6 months.

It was brilliant to put City back in their place. Again. Fucking hate those deluded nobheads.

Anyone need cheering up have a look at http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8262857/1/ poor Celtic :lol:

Wow, 59 pages on there already, talk about a knee jerk reaction, though they have been raped this season by Rangers to the title.

61 pages now they must have all of Eire, West Glasgow & Coatbridge on there.

And a few former Liverpool fans.

Me & Gimp have been to a Celtic game & the cunts were moaning at being 2-0 up after about 45 mins against Dunfirlmine a few years back. So it must be meltdown losing 4-0.

One poster "This is easily our most humiliating defeat since Partick Thistle beat us 4-1 in the 1970 League cup final" that quote tells me these fuckers could not cope in the PL with some of the beatings that get dished out in the PL.

61 pages now they must have all of Eire, West Glasgow & Coatbridge on there.

And a few former Liverpool fans.

Me & Gimp have been to a Celtic game & the cunts were moaning at being 2-0 up after about 45 mins against Dunfirlmine a few years back. So it must be meltdown losing 4-0.

One poster "This is easily our most humiliating defeat since Partick Thistle beat us 4-1 in the 1970 League cup final" that quote tells me these fuckers could not cope in the PL with some of the beatings that get dished out in the PL.

I still say let the Old Firm in, so long as teams know atleast a year in advance that the Old Firm are coming in then their should be no gripes other then from the old firm when their are either relegated or close to it and they go years without Europien football.

Heitinga is a great player. One of the most passionate I've ever seen at the club as well, he's become a cult hero within 6 months.

It was brilliant to put City back in their place. Again. f***ing hate those deluded nobheads.

I remember reading a City forum a few months ago for FF research and they spoke like they were playing Footie Man. "We'll buy Ribery and Messi next year and win the CL, 150m would do". Shitting you not.

Heitinga has flourished in that DM spot. He was RB at Atlético and he was total rubbish there. Masterstroke signing for your lot.

It was brilliant to put City back in their place. Again. f***ing hate those deluded nobheads.

I remember reading a City forum a few months ago for FF research and they spoke like they were playing Footie Man. "We'll buy Ribery and Messi next year and win the CL, 150m would do". Shitting you not.

Heitinga has flourished in that DM spot. He was RB at Atlético and he was total rubbish there. Masterstroke signing for your lot.

They're a bunch of idiots. Bluemoon is the most ridiculous forum in the world, the way they talk about signing players is like they're collecting Pokemon cards. There are actually multiple posts on there tonight saying they should buy any combination of Arteta/Fellaini/Pienaar/Rodwell/Heitinga... just like that.

Everton are seemingly on a par with Yeovil Town while City are up there with Madrid by the sounds of it. Lets just ignore the fact we've won far more than them, finished above them nearly every year in my life and have always been a bigger club than them. They've like, er... got loads of money... and that. Massive!

Tbf though, if City want any of your players, they'll probaly end up getting them. They're fans are well within their right to throw names around when the club is in the position that City is.

qft

Guest firetotheworks

If it was Newcastle I think I'd get a bit carried away too tbf. Not Messi obviously, but they signed Robinho, that's pretty fucking big. Players like Ribery are well within their grasp if they want to out-muscle any other team with their money.

I'd say that (Not taking into consideration players not just wanting a shitload of money but want to be playing for an actual club.) Man City now are fourth in the world re: attractiveness behind Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona due to their money.

I'd say that (Bar players not just wanting a shitload of money but want to be playing for an actual club.) Man City now are fourth in the world re: attractiveness behind Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona due to their money.

You're mad if you think they are ahead of Inter, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Milan, Juve, Valencia, and Olympique Marseille.

I'd say that (Bar players not just wanting a shitload of money but want to be playing for an actual club.) Man City now are fourth in the world re: attractiveness behind Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona due to their money.

You're mad if you think they are ahead of Inter, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Milan, Juve, Valencia, and Olympique Marseille.

Man City can outbid any of those clubs regarding wages these days, and I dare say at least 70-75% of all footballers today only care about money. Chelsea could probably sneak in ahead of them, though. It doesn't do them any bad that the PL is generally a more attractive league for players to go to than the French and Italian, either.

Option A: "Hey player X, here's £40k a week, come play in Italy."

Option B: "Don't listen to them player X, come to England and get £80k a week, not enough you say? Why, here's £100k. And here's a motivational speech as well regarding how we'll break into the top four and get CL to top it all off."

I dare say most players would go for option B.

Marseille was actually put in their as a bitter, bitter joke, but I think there is a lot more prestige in playing for teams with more history who are already constantly in Europe and near the top of their leagues anyway. Most players don't want help build a club, they want to go to one that is established and continue the tradition. Unless you are talking about giving out outrageous wages for average players (tbf, City do this occasion), all those clubs would be willing to pay top players very high wages.

Marseille was actually put in their as a bitter, bitter joke, but I think there is a lot more prestige in playing for teams with more history who are already constantly in Europe and near the top of their leagues anyway. Unless you are talking about giving out outrageous wages for average players (tbf, City do this occasion), all those clubs would be willing to pay top players very high wages.

The issue is City could trump any wage offer,  and footballers these days are money hungry whores. I don't like it, but it's reality.

I don't disagree there's more prestige playing for clubs with a history, but in today's footballing world it's mostly just the fans who have the pipe dream that the players actually care about clubs. Well, some do, but they're in a massive minority.

Having said that, I don't think they can take players away from the biggest clubs. Just steal their transfer targets should they go for the same players.

You're being too negative about the modern footballer. If you'll notice, the players they've gotten thus far are outcasts from other top clubs after a pay day, or the top players from middling sides that are in a different stratosphere financially. The top, top players who have their pick of any club in the world, have almost universally rejected them. They've had the money for four windows now. At what point have they beaten out any of the clubs I mentioned, or any other top club for a top player? Eto'o, Kaka, and Ronaldo all went to more established, popular, and historically successful clubs. City are still nouveau riche. This counts for something in the minds of players and everyone else. They have a way to go, yet.