The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Not that anyone cares but only 37,697 in at Anfield tonight.

Back to the pre-Istanbul levels then.

They've got 20,000 people on the season ticket waiting list though. "Can't get a ticket lad" is the stock answer when you ask them why they don't go the match. What they really mean is "Can't be arsed, I just go the pub"

Guest Geordiesned

Congrats to Whitley Bay! Northumberland Senior Cup Champions after beating Ashington 2-1 at St James' tonight.

They've got 20,000 people on the season ticket waiting list though. "Can't get a ticket lad" is the stock answer when you ask them why they don't go the match. What they really mean is "Can't be arsed, I just go the pub"

That flight ban must have stopped the Scando's coming over.

Less than us in all but one of our league games.

That flight ban must have stopped the Scando's coming over.

Less than us in all but one of our league games.

Thats an actually embarressing stat. Absolutely terrible fans.

West Ham's vociferous 1,500 travelling contingent were not making themselves heard.

So only 36Kish home supporters.

Can you be vociferous yet not heard?  :undecided:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

It's one of those questions :)

Guest firetotheworks

West Ham's vociferous 1,500 travelling contingent were not making themselves heard.

So only 36Kish home supporters.

Can you be vociferous yet not heard?  :undecided:

When Vociferous is an adjective, and not a verb, yes.

Guest BooBoo

:facepalm:

Scottish football is such a joke. I took in Hearts v Dundee United at Tynecastle before Christmas. It was 0-0 and absolutely shocking.

I was in a pub watching our game tonight but I was the only toon fan and everyone else was a Liverpool fan. The facilitated me by giving me the old telly in a little corner of the pub, which was fine by me BUT they put the Liverpool match on the surround sound so I heard their comentry and none of our match. The atmosphere at Anfield was fuckin s**** I can tell you. The goals were celebrated but that was it. Nothing else the whole game, OT worthy atmosphere. f*** sake, I bet they wouldn't average 42K in the Championship.

EDIT: GOD DAMN MY FUCKIN TYPING!

I was in a pup watching our game tonight but I was the only toon fan and everyone else was a Liverpool fan. The facilitated me by giving me the old telly in a little corner of the pub, which was fine by me BUT they put the Liverpool match on the surround sound so I heard their comentry and none of our match. The atmosphere at Anfield was fuckin s**** I can tell you. The goals were celebrated but that was it. Nothing else the whole game, OT worthy atmosphere. f*** sake, I bet they wouldn't average 42K in the Championship.

I always celebrate promotion with a spot of beastiality.

:facepalm:

Scottish football is such a joke. I took in Hearts v Dundee United at Tynecastle before Christmas. It was 0-0 and absolutely shocking.

I went to see Hearts v Aberdeen towards the end of last season and it was actually a very entertaining game, fantastic atmosphere aswell.

I do agree with general premise though, Scottish football being a joke and all.

I was in a pup watching our game tonight but I was the only toon fan and everyone else was a Liverpool fan. The facilitated me by giving me the old telly in a little corner of the pub, which was fine by me BUT they put the Liverpool match on the surround sound so I heard their comentry and none of our match. The atmosphere at Anfield was fuckin s**** I can tell you. The goals were celebrated but that was it. Nothing else the whole game, OT worthy atmosphere. f*** sake, I bet they wouldn't average 42K in the Championship.

I always celebrate promotion with a spot of beastiality.

My typing  :facepalm:

I wish John Motson would f*** off and retire. His voice literally couldn't be more annoying.

Yes, definately. He's had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra.

Problem is, theres so few GOOD commentators coming through.

Can't think of one on Radio 5 for instance (I include Alan "Knobhead" Green)

Let alone MOTD

John Murray is always top class when I hear him. I like Mike Ingham too. Massively different skill commentating on the radio and on the telly mind.

Fully agree about Green, on the radio you're supposed to bring the game to life, not spend the whole time whinging. Think he might actually work better on the tv when you know whether or not you agree with his opinions, sort of like Andy Grey.

Guest Geordiesned

Wasn't sure where to put this but MOTD2 will be after a new presenter next season. Adrian Chiles has quit the BBC and signed a 4 year contract with ITV where he'll be presenting their World Cup coverage amongst other things.

Wasn't sure where to put this but MOTD2 will be after a new presenter next season. Adrian Chiles has quit the BBC and signed a 4 year contract with ITV where he'll be presenting their World Cup coverage amongst other things.

Mentioned in not worthy of a thread :thup:

He'll be an excellent anchor imo, he made MOTD2. Shame everything else on ITV football coverage is beyond awful. Really liked Chiles ever since Working Lunch, always been good on the footy too.