The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Is that really how it works? Depends on cards in each national league?

... Spanish clubs have no chance in hell of ever getting close to a fair play spot then.

... Spanish clubs have no chance in hell of ever getting close to a fair play spot then.

:lol: It's ridiculous really, especially when you consider the gaps in what kind of physical contact is allowed throughout the European leagues.

Lucho really ought to be getting something better on that ball from three yards out. Big chance missed.

Guest Heneage

:lol: It's ridiculous really, especially when you consider the gaps in what kind of physical contact is allowed throughout the European leagues.

Lucho really ought to be getting something better on that ball from three yards out. Big chance missed.

How's Lucho been after a bad start?

How's Lucho been after a bad start?

Lucho is class, man. It took a long time for him to get used to the physical French league, but he's been massively influential after the New Year and vital in the undefeated run that has seen OM go top. I'm pretty sure he leads Ligue 1 is assists. He has great vision, works quite hard, and his delivery from set pieces is top class and led to many goals. Lisandro, Ligue 1's other Argentine Porto import hasbeen class for Lyon, too. That club is a pipeline.

I was astonished Lucho went to Marseille.

They're a big club but the French league is only the 4th or 5th best in Europe and, after playing in the Portugese league for quite a while, you'd think he'd want to test himself in England/Spain/Italy before he is too old. Class player though.

I was astonished Lucho went to Marseille.

They're a big club but the French league is only the 4th or 5th best in Europe and, after playing in the Portugese league for quite a while, you'd think he'd want to test himself in England/Spain/Italy before he is too old. Class player though.

I don't think any other club matched the 18 million euro bid that we sent to Porto. I know Real Madrid were sniffing around but it never materialised. France isn't the best league in Europe, but it's definitely better than Portugal. I think he was content with playing for the biggest clubs in France and being probaly the biggest star and definitely the highest paid player. Ligue 1 clubs have been flashing money of late as well. Lyon paid 25 million euro for Lisandro Lopez from Porto.

Anyway, match ended OM 0 Auxerre 0. Honeslty one of the worst games I've seent this season. :lol: Was a shame considering how big the match was. I'm happy with the result though. Five points (and a higher GD) ahead at the top with three matches to go. :snod: They're so so close, now.

Is it just me who's dissapointed that their isn't going to be a final day relegation battle this year in the Premiership?

Though I was dissapointed with last years outcome.

Guest firetotheworks

Is it just me who's dissapointed that their isn't going to be a final day relegation battle this year in the Premiership?

Though I was dissapointed with last years outcome.

I hate all relegation battles. The only time I've ever took an interest in one other than ours was that time when Portsmouth started playing some lovely stuff to get out of trouble.

Guest toonlass

Jensen OG to put Birmingham ahead 1-0. Two teams with nothing to play for.

[/quote

Though Birmingham have massively overachieved imo. I would never have put them where they are in the league at the start of the season.

Guest geordienorway

Tottenham's bench today: Alnwick, Lennon, Jenas, Palacios, Crouch, Gudjohnsen, Bassong.

They have an awesome squad.