The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Wonder what DJ Campbell is thinking? Gets to play in the final but then may well end up back in the Championship next year with either Leicester or a move to Blackpool full time, who I can't see sustaining this level of challenge next year.

Pleased for DJ Campbell. Would have been really tough on him having sent Blackpool through to the Final if he couldn't have played because Leicester made it through too.

Atletico vs Fulham was one of the most boring European finals I've ever seen. Thankfully, Forlan put us out of our misery, and they definitely deserved the win  :thup:

That Leicester penalty  ;D

Last night and tonights game show the 'away goals' rule should be abolished.

They have to have something uniform across the board. Either away goals after 90 minutes, away goals after extra-time (which I think's shit), or no away goals rule.

What sort of a wanker tries that? Feel sorry for those Leicester fans to travel that way and see something like rhat.

I recall Leon Best doing something ridiculous in a play-off semi-final penalty shootout once. Maybe it was just take a shit penalty.

I recall him doing something ridiculous in every game he's played since January.

Last night and tonights game show the 'away goals' rule should be abolished.

They have to have something uniform across the board. Either away goals after 90 minutes, away goals after extra-time (which I think's s***), or no away goals rule.

IIRC the lack of the away goals rule in the Play-offs is to retain some kind of 2nd leg advantage to the team finishing higher in the league in that they have potential ET on home soil. In Europe there is no favour to the sides, so the extra time on the home ground is countered by the away goal advantage should the away team score again. I'd argue that the AGR should only count after ET in Europe though not after normal time and ET as it does.

Tonight was a lovely reminder of how delighted I am we didn't slump to the play offs.

They looked absolutely gutted at that pen miss, couldn't imagine being on the receiving end of that.

From an egoistical perspective, I think Leicester and Forest were the playoff teams more likely to stay up next season, so you can be satisfied with the final.

Aye, it's just a shame they can't both go up and West Brom can just stay in the Championship.

From an egoistical perspective, I think Leicester and Forest were the playoff teams more likely to stay up next season, so you can be satisfied with the final.

Aye, it's just a shame they can't both go up and West Brom can just stay in the Championship.

WBA won't but the required striker and CBs they always need IMO as they are too finance focused.

Tonight was a lovely reminder of how delighted I am we didn't slump to the play offs.

They looked absolutely gutted at that pen miss, couldn't imagine being on the receiving end of that.

We would've crashed and burned in the playoffs as we'd have had to have fucked it up majorly and more often than not it is the form team that goes up. Don't think my nerves would have been able to hack it either.

Guest neesy111

What sort of a wanker tries that? Feel sorry for those Leicester fans to travel that way and see something like rhat.

jenas v chelsea in the asia cup 2003

Guest je85

I live in Leicester spent the night in a locals pub with massive Leicester fans alll fucking spewing that Kermorgant took an important pen when the cheeky prick only had about 4 starts for the club. he simply didn't care. What a ridiculous thing to do.

I live in Leicester spent the night in a locals pub with massive Leicester fans alll f***ing spewing that Kermorgant took an important pen when the cheeky prick only had about 4 starts for the club. he simply didn't care. What a ridiculous thing to do.

If you select the 5 players who care the most to take the penalties, you're probably going to lose. The lad just tried to be too clever.

Guest je85

I live in Leicester spent the night in a locals pub with massive Leicester fans alll f***ing spewing that Kermorgant took an important pen when the cheeky prick only had about 4 starts for the club. he simply didn't care. What a ridiculous thing to do.

If you select the 5 players who care the most to take the penalties, you're probably going to lose. The lad just tried to be too clever.

A very wise point.

Has anyone noticed how far off his line Marshall was for both saves? Can't believe he got away with it.

I see that happening a f***ing lot lately, refs should be more mindful.

As long as the ref applied the same rules for both teams then I guess it shouldn't really matter that much.