The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

Walcott isn't ready to start, I'd consider dropping him to the U21'S, he's not ready for the first team.

Still don't think he's really a winger.

I don't think he's ready for either role. His finishing needs work to be a striker, and his general play needs work to be a winger.

Walcott isn't ready to start, I'd consider dropping him to the U21'S, he's not ready for the first team.

Still don't think he's really a winger.

I think one of the reasons why he has stagnated is due to him never defining a regular position. I agree with you as in I think he'll be more use playing upfront, in a quick counterattacking team he'd be effective.

We should loan him (Walcott) seriously. Would do him the world of good. He'd get every game and some much needed confidence.

It would sound like i've entered a parallel universe but Arsenal are on the verge of ruining him, and a move here would do him good?

Too many beers for me.

Walcott is worth having on the bench.

Agree 100%

Doesn't warrant a starting place but if we're chasing a goal he'd be an excellent option purely due to his pace. I'd take him.

Guest kingdawson

He should be on the bench simply because SWP has been pretty terrible and he gets in by default. Adam Johnson, now there's a good player.

Ukraine 4 - 0   Lithuania

Georgia 0 - 0   Cameroon

Nigeria 0 - 0   Saudi Arabia

Greece 2 - 2   Korea DPR

Potatoes 2 - 1   Paraguay

Saw the highlights for that before, first viewing of the North Koreans. The guy that got a mention on here the other day, Jong Tae-Se, scored a couple of absolute crackers - superb power and technique. Was very impressed.

Guest Heneage

England will stuff these.

Since when did Onyewu play for Anderlecht? Silly commentator.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

P.S. This is nowhere near our full team, can't be judged against or for.

Who comes in then?

England will stuff these.

Since when did Onyewu play for Anderlecht? Silly commentator.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

P.S. This is nowhere near our full team, can't be judged against or for.

Who comes in then?

9, 10 guys. Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Bradley, etc. There might have been three starters out there tonight, Onyewu, one of the strikers, probably Ching, and maybe, but hopefully not, Bornstein.

Anyone know anything about the Czech team? This isn't who they normally run out is it? Sans Cech and Plasil.

I watched the beginning but had to miss virtually the whole game. Who did well/poorly for the US? I know it was a B team, but one or two may have booked their tickets.

Beasley was pretty good, used his speed really well, should guarantee him a spot. Only Eddie Johnson looked weak up top, and he never really had a chance to make it, three other forwards were good. Torres, Holden, and Robbie Rogers were decent as well, but I doubt Rogers makes it. And Clarence Goodson looked good, at time, at the back. He made a few mistakes as well, but looked pretty solid besides that.

Heath Pierce probably played himself out of a spot, and I think Kljestan was good, but not good enough to make the team, unfrotunately.

Beasley was pretty good, used his speed really well, should guarantee him a spot. Only Eddie Johnson looked weak up top, and he never really had a chance to make it, three other forwards were good. Torres, Holden, and Robbie Rogers were decent as well, but I doubt Rogers makes it. And Clarence Goodson looked good, at time, at the back. He made a few mistakes as well, but looked pretty solid besides that.

Heath Pierce probably played himself out of a spot, and I think Kljestan was good, but not good enough to make the team, unfrotunately.

Last year I saw Rogers at the Crew a couple of times and was very impressed indeed. Saw him against Chivas the other day and he was really disappointing. There's a very good player in there, maybe he needs to go abroad to develop.