The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Pretty awful this so far. Why does Huddlestone keep playing lofted balls when there's a much simpler ball on along the deck?

He's been playing the simple pass throughout the game. Just now he's been doing the lofted passes. He's actually been our best player this half tbh.

:lol:

Guest gggg

Walcott does nothing man.

He's possibly even shitter than SWP in an England shirt. Both offer precisely bugger all.

Walcott could be a great player, Lennon is a good player, at best.

Natural ability gets you to that level, not running fast.

Is this first team Japan? No Nakamura or that other guy playing in Scotland?

2nd choice keeper n all i think.

Yeah that's first choice Japan aside from the keeper.

Their left-back is pretty decent by the way. Almost out-Park'd Park during our friendly.

Aye him, Abe, Tulio and obviously Honda have stood out for Japan.

Get him signed up as back up to Jose Chris.

It's very easy for the opposition to pressure our players into knocking the ball backwards or losing possession completely. A difference between the sides today is Japan's ability to still play the ball forward quickly into space despite being closed down.

We need players who can handle being pressured and even take advantage of it. Rooney, Gerrard and SWP can do it, but there's only one of them out there at the moment. Lampard can be forced backwards quite easily, which is why I wouldn't see him as a nailed on starter.

So how is Bent playing? Pretty bad I'm guessing.....

Done ok. Service to the front men particularly from the wide areas has been appalling. Walcott in particular. I'd take him off for Johnson and put Lennon over there although the Japanese LB has impressed.

Belarus is looking like excellent practice for Greece so far... Huge, slow fuckers with no quality.

The Hleb-ster not playing?

Yeah, not called up for this. Kind of disappointed.