The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest kingdawson

So I'm sitting here watching this match and finding it hard to believe that someone who frequents this board has claimed Dunne is the worst defender in the premiership. Absolutely laughable really. Not to mention this same person has claimed Darren Bent was incapable of playing upfront with a strike partner and he could only play alone upfront ... I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Also, Milner is still unspeakably average. I mean seriously ... the guy is almost painful to watch the majority of the time.

Then you're borderline retarded. What bit of that is hard to understand?

Wow Dunne's having a good game, what does that prove?

Why resort to personal insults? I'll tell you why ... it's because you're feeling a bit embarrassed about the silly claims you made in the first place. Retarded? Really? Please ... that's weak.

Darren Bent is arguably the most in form striker in the premiership this season and has been outstanding alongside both Kenwyne Jones and Fraizer Campbell. Just because he was leaving Tottenham you tried to make out he wasn't that good and he could only play upfront alone, which is such a silly thing to say really.

You claim Dunne is the worst defender in the premiership ... I mean I don't even have to say anything else to that. It's that silly. Check out their defensive record and get back to me. He is well above the average level of centre backs in the league. It's an outrageous claim on your part.

I'm feeling embarrassed?  :facepalm:

I made the Dunne comment before last season had started and what happened? he proceeded to have one of the worst performances of any cb in this league.  What's weird is that you were strangely quiet about Dunne when he was having shocker after shocker, and one good game a whole season after and you're boasting about it :lol: Btw i think i said Dunee was one of the worst cb's in the league.

As for Bent....why do you constantly feel the need to twist things to prove a point? I've been saying for ages on here that Darren Bent can't play in a partnership (ever since Berbs was around). I'm sure the more honest posters on here will back this up, so please don't try and make it out like i only said it when he was leaving :rolleyes: As for the statement itself, it quite probably was our style of play that was holding him back but he didn't gel with either Keane, Berbatov, Defoe or Pav. Add to that he didn't play with a partner at Charlton and looked poor playing with another striker whenever he was called up for England.  Sunderland are a more direct team than we are so i guess that system suits him more. I probably was to hasty dismissing his ability to work in a partnership though but i still believe he plays better when he works the channels and is the furthest forward (btw i'm not even 100% sure he is actually playing in a standard 4-4-2 partnership with Jones at Sunderland).

The difference between me and you is i admit when i'm wrong. You say f*** all when you're being proven wrong week after week then show up when the player your backing has a good game.

Which Dunne shockers was I quiet about? Dunne is a good solid defender who makes the odd mistake and not even frequently. I really don't understand where you are coming from with Dunne.

What was I wrong about though? I actually don't have a problem with being proved wrong if I make a claim that is dodgy. I just found your Dunne and Bent claims that shocking that everytime I see them play I can't help but remember really.

Is that a joke? you already forgot last season when he was referred to as a calamity and made numerous mistakes for City?

Wow, on the Villa forums, they value Milner at 16-18 million.  :idiot2:

Thy value Young at 20, but Milner at 18! You gotta be joking.

Everyone puts it down to bitterness but I don't see what anyone sees in Milner.  Solid PL, yeah.  CL or International class? Nope.

He's hardworking but isn't great at crossing, can't really beat a man and only seems to score pens.  £16-18m is mental, twice Robert's value?  **** off.  :lol:

He's hardworking but isn't great at crossing, can't really beat a man and only seems to score pens.

Even then I'd rarely back him from the spot, seen him take some shockers over time.

Guest palnese

Villa can't afford to have Milner in the starting lineup week in and week out if they want to challenge the top 4. The same goes for Sidwell. They should be squadplayers. I can't understand why MON use Cuellar on the RB, when Beye clearly is a better player in that position.

Villa can't afford to have Milner in the starting lineup week in and week out if they want to challenge the top 4. The same goes for Sidwell. They should be squadplayers. I can't understand why MON use Cuellar on the RB, when Beye clearly is a better player in that position.

Milner will be in trouble when Downing gets fit that's for sure. Unless MON decides to play Downing through the middle alongside Petrov, which he might do I guess.

Milner will be in trouble when Downing gets fit that's for sure. Unless MON decides to play Downing through the middle alongside Petrov, which he might do I guess.

More likely to play Milner in the middle tbh, he's tried it already. The other major possibility is a reversion to 4-5-1 with Ashley Young creating in the middle and Milner and Downing on the wings - if he had a better striker that could be a really good team.

More likely to play Milner in the middle tbh, he's tried it already. The other major possibility is a reversion to 4-5-1 with Ashley Young creating in the middle and Milner and Downing on the wings - if he had a better striker that could be a really good team.

I don't see why Villa should do all of this to accomodate Milner, who is arguably one of the worst players in their starting 11.

Top 4? They're challenging the top 6. If Aston Villa manage to finish in the top 6 then I'll be surprised, Tottenham and Manchester City are both better sides IMO.

I don't see why Villa should do all of this to accomodate Milner, who is arguably one of the worst players in their starting 11.

Neither does anyone else, including me and many Villa fans, but MON has previous.

Carew is brilliant when fit. Gabby does fairly well as a lone striker too.

1.Chelsea

2.Liverpool

3.Man U

4.Man City

5.Arsenal

6.Spurs

7.Everton

8.Villa

ftw

If anyone falls out of the top four, it will be Liverpool, imo. Of the big four, they seem to be the least united behind their manager and his policies, also they have undoubtedly played the worst football out of those four. Especially, if injuries hit (as they always do in a 9-month season, they could be in serious trouble).

1.Chelsea

2.Liverpool

3.Man U

4.Man City

5.Arsenal

6.Spurs

7.Everton

8.Villa

ftw

If anyone falls out of the top four, it will be Liverpool, imo. Of the big four, they seem to be the least united behind their manager and his policies, also they have undoubtedly played the worst football out of those four. Especially, if injuries hit (as they always do in a 9-month season, they could be in serious trouble).

Aye there's no chance Liverpool will finish second with Lucas and Mascherano as there cm pair. Probabaly got he wrost centre back partnership out of the top 5 teams aswell.

Benítez has always been the kind of manager that makes a team better than the sum of its parts. He made a champion of Valencia with a bunch of "who?" players that never went on to have that big of a career after he left. They overperformed last year given their limited squad but admittedly they don't seem to be clicking this season so far.

Carew is brilliant when fit. Gabby does fairly well as a lone striker too.

So we're agreed then!  :angel:

Only Gerrard and Torres would defend a first-team spot in any other of the top 4 teams

Reckon Man U would be better with Reina.

Only Gerrard and Torres would defend a first-team spot in any other of the top 4 teams

Mascherano would start for all of them. So would Reina.

Not for Chelsea, Essien surely.

Essien's a better player, probably the best CM in the prem for me, he's wasted in an out and out defensive role though. Needs to be able to get box to box more - I'm sure Chelsea have played several games this season with Mikel behind Essien - bring in Mascherano for Mikel there and that's a big improvement.

Mascherano would start for all of them. So would Reina.

Not for Chelsea, Essien surely.

Essien's a better player, probably the best CM in the prem for me, he's wasted in an out and out defensive role though. Needs to be able to get box to box more - I'm sure Chelsea have played several games this season with Mikel behind Essien - bring in Mascherano for Mikel there and that's a big improvement.

I agree, but still think they'll prefer the two up front and Lampard & Essien in the middle, like they did against Liverpool. I expect Chelsea to win it this year.

Reina would get in any.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Villa

Is that your final answer?

Guest palnese

Reina would get in any.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Villa

Not Chelsea or City