The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Only Gerrard and Torres would defend a first-team spot in any other of the top 4 teams

Reina would get in any.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Villa

Not Chelsea or City

:facepalm:

For the past year Cech has been nothing more than a decent keeper.

He's probably made more howlers than any other keeper in the league, but they tend to just get swept under the rug, then as soon as he makes 1 good save the commentators are all over it and can't wait to praise him.  "Cech at his usual brilliant self" etc.  Tossers.

Villa can't afford to have Milner in the starting lineup week in and week out if they want to challenge the top 4. The same goes for Sidwell. They should be squadplayers. I can't understand why MON use Cuellar on the RB, when Beye clearly is a better player in that position.

Milner will be in trouble when Downing gets fit that's for sure. Unless MON decides to play Downing through the middle alongside Petrov, which he might do I guess.

Ashley Young is the one who will be in trouble, before Milner.

He hasn't had a good game for us since he got sent off at Sunderland last season.

Villa can't afford to have Milner in the starting lineup week in and week out if they want to challenge the top 4. The same goes for Sidwell. They should be squadplayers. I can't understand why MON use Cuellar on the RB, when Beye clearly is a better player in that position.

Milner will be in trouble when Downing gets fit that's for sure. Unless MON decides to play Downing through the middle alongside Petrov, which he might do I guess.

He hasn't had a good game for us since he got sent off at Sunderland last season.

What was with his hobbling the other day? Stood about looking like he taken a bullet to the shin and then would sprint at full whack for a minute before repeating.

As much as Dunne got all the plaudits for his goal and being an ex Citizen, I thought James Collins was outstanding tonight. He made probably over twenty or thirty crucial blocks and interceptions and dominared aerially.

Lots on here said he was average when MON signed him, he's had a good start to his Villa career from what I've seen of him.

Collins and Dunne have been absolutely excellent for us all season.

When they signed, I was down in the dumps and miserable about it, but i have to say, they've been great.

Bellamy and Dunne were the best two players on the pitch on Monday night, by a country mile.

What was with his hobbling the other day? Stood about looking like he taken a bullet to the shin and then would sprint at full whack for a minute before repeating.

He's carrying a knock, in fairness to him.

He's a gigantic falling-over fanny, though.

And, since you're here, what's up with Beye?

He's fallen foul of Martin's Inexplcable Law of Full Backs which states that the most bizarre selection decisions he makes - and there are lots - will ALWAYS involve a dedicated full back losing ghis place to someone else.

He's foreign and talented.  It was difficult enough for O'Neill to buy him never mind play him.  :pow:

Almost but not quite right.

He has no objection to foreign players, it is just foreign players playing outside the UK he can't manage.

He's fallen foul of Martin's Inexplcable Law of Full Backs which states that the most bizarre selection decisions he makes - and there are lots - will ALWAYS involve a dedicated full back losing ghis place to someone else.

Waste of a good player, tbh. But I rate Cuellar.

To be fair to O'Neill though, Beye was nowhere near as good last here as his first season here.  Maybe most Newcastle fans are wearing rose tinted specs when it comes to our former Senegaleseman(?).

I don't think he really fit at any point during last season. Always missing games due to injuries. To me he looked at his best when he played centre half a few times towards the end of last season.

Only Gerrard and Torres would defend a first-team spot in any other of the top 4 teams

Mascherano would start for all of them. So would Reina.

Not for Chelsea, Essien surely.

Essien's a better player, probably the best CM in the prem for me, he's wasted in an out and out defensive role though. Needs to be able to get box to box more - I'm sure Chelsea have played several games this season with Mikel behind Essien - bring in Mascherano for Mikel there and that's a big improvement.

I agree, but still think they'll prefer the two up front and Lampard & Essien in the middle, like they did against Liverpool. I expect Chelsea to win it this year.

Agreed on Chelsea, they should walk it this year. The only concern would be losing players in January, but their fixtures look pretty easy this year anyway. Their team is awesome when it gets going, for all the talk about Gerrard and Torres, if everyone is at 100% I'd have Drogba and Essien over them everyday.

Mascherano would start for all of them. So would Reina.

Not for Chelsea, Essien surely.

Essien's a better player, probably the best CM in the prem for me, he's wasted in an out and out defensive role though. Needs to be able to get box to box more - I'm sure Chelsea have played several games this season with Mikel behind Essien - bring in Mascherano for Mikel there and that's a big improvement.

I agree, but still think they'll prefer the two up front and Lampard & Essien in the middle, like they did against Liverpool. I expect Chelsea to win it this year.

Agreed on Chelsea, they should walk it this year. The only concern would be losing players in January, but their fixtures look pretty easy this year anyway. Their team is awesome when it gets going, for all the talk about Gerrard and Torres, if everyone is at 100% I'd have Drogba and Essien over them everyday.

:snod:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/04/article-1218054-06B18BF3000005DC-512_634x350.jpg

Stephen Ireland's latest purchase  :kinnear:

Still not patch on this:

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/IrelandPinkRange_800x459(4).jpg