The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

Dad's turned it over, damn.

Kezzy: Where is "THE WORLDS BEST STRIKER"?

Que?

I have no idea what you mean, explain and I'll happily answer.

And there's the sending off, Jonas does well there :thup:

What happened? Stream cut off with a still picture of the ref taking the red card out.

He makes the interception, with the ball ending up a good 10-15 yards ahead of him. He skins the defender to get to the ball, who tackles him and they both fall to the ground. Jonas is up quicker and the defender grabs his legs to stop him from continuing.

Honduras have qualified for the world cup by beating El Salvador. Costa Rica would've made it had the beat the US. they were leading 2-0 until near the end, Bradley scored one and then they equalised with a diving header in injury time. cruel.  :lol:

Honduras have qualified for the world cup by beating El Salvador. Costa Rica would've made it had the beat the US. they were leading 2-0 until near the end, Bradley scored one and then they equalised with a diving header in injury time. cruel.   :lol:

I watched the game in a pub in here, people went nuts when they equalized. Great to see an USA game with decent atmosphere  :thup:

If you are buying Robinho VI, are we to assume that Guardiola is not big on crossing the ball in and prefers a ground game?

Do you watch Barcelona?

Can't say I watch them regularly, but on the occassions I watched them in the champions league, they seem to pull it out wide before going narrow and using 1/2 touch football to break a team's defence.

We don't cross. Like never. Ibrahimovic gives us something in the air this season, but we mainly use aerial balls only in set pieces (Keita and Piqué shine in those) or quick breaks. Otherwise the ball is always on the floor. Our wingers don't really play wide, but more as forwards that drift to the side of the box, while our fullbacks are charged with providing the width.

That is the way most continental teams play, ON THE DECK.....no old fashioned "traditional winger" getting to the byline, swinging is high balls to the big target man approach.

That is why some of the criticism aimed at Jonas Gutierrez is unfair I feel, in terms of his "crossing". Most Brits complain he doesnt stick to the wing/edge of the pitch, get to the byline and swing in long balls/high crosses. Yes he does NOT do that but he was not brought upto play in that way.

South Americans and most continental teams do NOT play that way at all......mostly British teams. Continental teams play quick 1 touch passing/through balls/ on the deck etc. Sometimes I find it amusing to see English fans expecting foreigners to play like old fashioned British wingers etc when they're brought up with a totally different type of football style. I think Jonas is a very good player despite all the criticism he gets on here, he would do better in another league perhaps with a continental style of play.

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas a champoinship player played full 90 minutes in this past two games I just can't figure it out....

Another Championship player scored the winner in Denmark tonight, given Argentina(well Maradona) giving 37 year olds debuts recently its not so hard to understand Jonas playing.

Jonas a champoinship player played full 90 minutes in this past two games I just can't figure it out....

Another Championship player scored the winner in Denmark tonight, given Argentina(well Maradona) giving 37 year olds debuts recently its not so hard to understand Jonas playing.

To be fair Schaivi was brilliant yesterday, and in his previous two appearences.

Sky Sports News said Argentina had won 1 in 7 before Maradona and 4 in 8 under Maradona.  Not as bad as he seems?  :undecided:

I mean their football was totally ****  :iamatwat: But it'll be interesting to see how they play when the pressure is off the likes of Messi.

Heard a couple of people out and about make comments such as "Ah, at least Croatia got there comeuppance" or "Glad Croatia got knocked out", why?

Yes, how dear such an inferior team come to England and beat us in our own back yard. It had nothing to do with the fact we were awful and had an incompetent manager, it was the fault of those dirty Croatians.

Heard a couple of people out and about make comments such as "Ah, at least Croatia got there comeuppance" or "Glad Croatia got knocked out", why?

Yes, how dear such an inferior team come to England and beat us in our own back yard. It had nothing to do with the fact we were awful and had an incompetent manager, it was the fault of those dirty Croatians.

Nothing to do with them knocking England out. I just find it funny how Croatia are using that excuse, and like I said, gets Bilic back for what he did to Laurent Blanc.