The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Even the Liverpool performance was terrible first half, remember that passage of play when you kicked the ball off the line about three times in a row? After that, you got back to playing the same way that was effective last year.

Like you say, the problem is that you have one way of playing. If it works, then it's great, if it's not working then it looks ugly and there does not appear to be a plan B.

I'm on Vital Villa a fair bit (wife is Villa) and some of the criticism has been terrible, but justified. Then the same people were complaining today when it was 5-1 and Delfouneso was "only given 8 minutes to prove himself". It was 5-1! Some people will criticise MON whatever happens.

Even the Liverpool performance was terrible first half, remember that passage of play when you kicked the ball off the line about three times in a row? After that, you got back to playing the same way that was effective last year.

I would hardly call it terrible. The important fact was that we won the game and easily deserved to do so.

Today we saw Plan B for the first time, and it was good. I just hope he sticks with it now rather than going back to type next week

Incidentally, VitalVilla is a horrible little site, inhabited by drooling trolls.

Guest firetotheworks

The thing I like about Arsenal now though is that you can't do what Bolton used to do to them as much anymore, closing them down and pestering doesn't have the effect that it used to.

I would hardly call it terrible. The important fact was that we won the game and easily deserved to do so.

Today we saw Plan B for the first time, and it was good. I just hope he sticks with it now rather than going back to type next week

Incidentally, VitalVilla is a horrible little site, inhabited by drooling trolls.

:snod: many trolls, but there are a few shining lights *checks to see if wife is watching over shoulder*.

I only meant that if Liverpool had scored that chance in the first half an hour, when you were in disarray, I couldn't see you getting back into it. As it is, that game arrested a potential decline and then MON sorted the defence out.

0-2 Craddock own goal. Didn't see it because my stream cut out, I give up. Sounds like Wolves are on a self destruct mission though.

It was an Eduardo chip that clipped the wolves defender and over the keeper.

Everyone scoffed when he spent money on Collins. Everyone except me. Get in.

I must admit, I thought he was bonkers. I was wrong.

I was also underwhelmed when we signed Dunne. He's no Martin Laursen, but Dunne for 5m or Lescott for 24m ...... *scratches head*

getting rid of dunne and replacing him with lescott at a 19m loss was the daftest deal of the summer

Guest firetotheworks

0-2 Craddock own goal. Didn't see it because my stream cut out, I give up. Sounds like Wolves are on a self destruct mission though.

It wasn't really his fault, Eduardo went to lob him and the keeper, it hit Craddock and looped over them. If they keep playing this high line it'll be a hefty beating.

Sunderland-supporting friend of mine complaining about how much bad luck they had today. As far as I can see, they missed their chances (according to BBC the penalty was tame)?

Also, he's conveniently forgetting the Blackburn game they barely deserved a draw from let alone the win, and also Beachballgate.

Perhaps luck does even itself out?

Guest firetotheworks

Bah, we won't get Cesc for less than 60 million at this pace  :angry:

I dont think you'll get him until he's past his best imo. He seems to value the fact that Arsenal saw what Barca didnt.

Bah, we won't get Cesc for less than 60 million at this pace  :angry:

I dont think you'll get him until he's past his best imo. He seems to value the fact that Arsenal saw what Barca didnt.

Mmmm? He was highly rated by us. He saw more opportunities at Arsenal, but that doesn't mean we didn't think he was special.

Sunderland outplayed Spurs for sure, but Gomes played well. Sunderland didn't have too many clear chances, best one was the fat man hitting the cross bar. Penalty was controversial to begin with, but Gomes saved easily. First Spurs goal was somewhat lucky, but the second was brilliant.

What on earth happened in your signature, btw Niel? :lol:

Sunderland outplayed Spurs for sure, but Gomes played well. Sunderland didn't have too many clear chances, best one was the fat man hitting the cross bar. Penalty was controversial to begin with, but Gomes saved easily. First Spurs goal was somewhat lucky, but the second was brilliant.

What on earth happened in your signature, btw Niel? :lol:

Click on one of the dates there to see it in full. It amused me considerably.  bluelaugh.gif