The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

San Marino U21s losing 8-0 to Germany U21s with 30 mins left to play. Could be double figures

Didn't the senior team score 13 on their last trip to San Marino? Or something equally as ludicrous.

Aye, 13-0 it finished. The funny thing was, they last updated it at 9-0 and me and my best assumed it had finished that way. Apparently the guy doing the updates (during the England game) had got sick of it.

It must be s*** playing for San Marino :lol:

Look at it the other way, you can have the talent of a Sunday league player and get toured all over Europe and play against the top players in the continent.

Cheers mate, I'll be using that as the tagline for NOFC.

Guest Heneage

Look at it the other way, you can have the talent of a Sunday league player and get toured all over Europe and play against the top players in the continent.

'All over Europe' :lol:?

'All over Europe' :lol:?

Aye, Worldnet do European tournaments.

Exactly.

It must be absolutely fucking brilliant.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/17/craig-george-burley-scotland-thick

Some Scotland players 'too thick' to understand tactics, says Craig Burley

• Nephew of sacked manager George Burley criticises squad

• Craig: 'He couldn't get the players to perform for him'

Some of Scotland's players are "too thick" to understand George Burley's coaching methods, according to the sacked manager's nephew, Craig.

Craig, who earned 46 caps for his country between 1995 and 2003, also said some of the squad were not good enough, and he was not surprised his uncle was sacked.

He told Talksport: "I'm not shocked at all. Wales was a disastrous result. It's not as if we were playing England or Brazil or France, it was Wales and it was unacceptable from the manager's and players' point of view.

"I don't think what he wanted to do got across to some players and also I think some of them are too thick to take it on board – and not good enough to take it on board, anyway, to be perfectly honest with you.

"He can look most of the players in the eye and ask if they did a good job for him, and I don't think there are many, if any, who can say, 'Yes, I did'.

"So he hasn't been able to get the players to perform for him, he hasn't been able to get them to understand what he wants – the right formation and right results – and, at the end of the day, that's all that matters."

A total of 52 players featured for Scotland while Burley was manager

Honestly, the thick people should be Craig Burley. A manager's job is to manage. If you couldn't get the best out of the players - perhaps you are not a very good manager.

Two days ago in the world beach World Cup we (Bahrain, an Island) lost to Switzerland.. after two days it just hit me..

Where abouts do you live in Bahrain? I lived in Seef over the summer when I worked there.

Now, I might have mentioned this before (see http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58178.msg1589139.html#msg1589139) but God damn is our national youth setup shit. The Polish u-23 just lost to England C

Squad in full:

Name

Club

Dale Roberts - Rushden & Diamonds

Jonathan Hedge - FC Halifax Town

Kyle McFadzean- Alfreton Town

Jake Howells - Luton Town

Scott Laird - Stevenage Borough

Shaun Densmore - Altrincham

Josh Simpson - Histon

Michael Bostwick - Stevenage Borough

Rossi Jarvis - Luton Town

Kyle Nix - Mansfield Town

Scott Garner - Mansfield Town

Lee Tomlin - Rushden & Diamonds

Nick Wright - Tamworth

Chris Holroyd -Cambridge United

Matt Green - Oxford United

Richard Brodie - York City

We are talking about a squad of players playing for top clubs in the Polish league losing to players who play in the Conference divison, oh the future is bright for sure!

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't realise we still did the B team and C team, why does it get no coverage anymore?

The under 21's barely get coverage here now never mind that

Guest Heneage

Algerie - Egypt 1-0 after 40min.

This game is mental.

It really is, the chaos after the last game, the fact that 15,000 army soliders are there just to keep it from turning into a war in the streets of Sudan speaks in volumes.

How that bald Egyptian defender is still on the pitch is beyond me, he's been skirting the line of a second yellow ever since he patted that lad on the head.