The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rivaldo is one of the most brilliant players I have ever seen in a Barça shirt, I think he is highly rated amongst us and the hattrick against Valencia probably one of the finest single moments for a Barça player. That last bicycle kick goal put us in the CL in a very bad season.

The way he left probably let a bit of a sour taste, but it wasn't as much his fault as the board's or Van Gaal. I always rated him higher than Ronaldinho, for example. He was a much clever player on the pitch, and not really less gifted.

I think the lack of continental silverware is what holds him back from being recognized as one of the greats of the last 10-20 years.

Just go and look for the goal he scored for Barcelona against Compostela. One of the best ones I have ever seen scored by a Barça shirt. He just makes the whole thing by himself.

The one where he actually only take on two players ? Messi and Ronaldinho have scored better goals than that in recent seasons for barca.

Just go and look for the goal he scored for Barcelona against Compostela. One of the best ones I have ever seen scored by a Barça shirt. He just makes the whole thing by himself.

The one where he actually only take on two players ? Messi and Ronaldinho have scored better goals than that in recent seasons for barca.

But he is pulled by the shirt, unstabilised, loses shooting angle... and every time he gets on with the ball, starts again and makes the best of it to get the goal. I loved that drive he had. Messi and Ronaldinho would have given up.

Messi is always battling on when he's getting his shirt ripped off his back.  Ronaldinho, yeah.  Messi, doubt it.

That's probably true. But he doesn't have Ronaldo's strength, sadly.

Oh yeah, agreed.  I just meant attitude-wise.

It must be pretty f***ing good being a Barca fan.

to think: in the beginning of this decade we could've gone on their forums and they would have been jealous of us. Fortunes change quickly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/2050221.stm

:weep:

Dodged a bullet I think. He was never the same after the 2002 WC.

But yeah, I won't pretend being a Barça fan isn't pretty swell... the early 2000s are considered the lowest point in our recent history, and the lowest we did was finish 6th...

You were better in your two title challenges under Keegan, though.

to think: in the beginning of this decade we could've gone on their forums and they would have been jealous of us. Fortunes change quickly.

Dodged a bullet I think. He was never the same after the 2002 WC.

But yeah, I won't pretend being a Barça fan isn't pretty swell... the early 2000s are considered the lowest point in our recent history, and the lowest we did was finish 6th...

You were better in your two title challenges under Keegan, though.

I guess it's right he went downhill after that tournament, but looking at that news article with Bobby in charge and us being 'close to signing' a player that's just carried Brazil to World Cup glory is heartbreaking. It's just such a far cry from where we are now.

Honestly, you were damn f***ing sexy in 1995-1996, while I had to put up with Eskurza, Sánchez Jara, Kodro, Popescu, Jordi Cruyff... Cruyff totally lost the plot in his late years. He was undermined by the board, though.

You'll get there again. The relegation will hopefully be a purging experience and allow you a blank slate after the instability of these past years (need to get sold, too).

Honestly, you were damn f***ing sexy in 1995-1996, while I had to put up with Eskurza, Sánchez Jara, Kodro, Popescu, Jordi Cruyff... Cruyff totally lost the plot in his late years. He was undermined by the board, though.

You'll get there again. The releagtion will hopefully be a purging experience and allow you a blank slate after the instability of these past years (need to get sold, too).

It's a shame I'm just about too young to remember them days, would have been great.

I doubt we're gonna get back there again any time soon. The way the game is now we'd need a shitload of cash and even then it wouldn't really be the same.

You'll get there again. The releagtion will hopefully be a purging experience and allow you a blank slate after the instability of these past years (need to get sold, too).

It's a shame I'm just about too young to remember them days, would have been great.

I doubt we're gonna get back there again any time soon. The way the game is now we'd need a shitload of cash and even then it wouldn't really be the same.

To be honest, not sure how the current cash madness is sustainable mid or long term. I think you'll have a shot if you get good ownership.

But he is pulled by the shirt, unstabilised, loses shooting angle... and every time he gets on with the ball, starts again and makes the best of it to get the goal. I loved that drive he had. Messi and Ronaldinho would have given up.

Ronaldo had the advantage that he was naturally quicker and stronger, but Messi seems to be able to just drif past the defenders without the need for as much physical dominance. Still think Zidane is the best player i've seen mind, scored every type of goal you could imagine aswell, won the world cup with two headers and the champions league with one of the best volleys i've seen for a weaker foot strike.  :smitten:

"The last thing I want to do now is win something for the fantastic supporters in Newcastle."

All this talk about kids and Man united start a pretty strong team :rolleyes:

BBC are happy with the Man United line-up

GREAT NEWS! Ritchie de Laet gets a rare start for Man United tonight - which means we can drag out those gags from the fourth round. Ctrl, alt, de Laet. Better de Laet than never etc etc.