The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Milner through the middle and Young and Downing on the wings (and switching quite a bit) apparently.

I like the look of Downing. I liked him before we signed him, and was happy to wait for him to get fit.

We've played some terrible football recently but managed to keep on getting decent results. Apparently a lot better today, thank Christ. Just hope it continues a bit.

I like the look of Villa's midfield and attack, the only criticism being a couple of injuries (not bitter at all!) could seriously hamper you, particularly in central midfield. But when everyone's fit, you've got a brilliant set of options: Downing, Milner, Carew, Young, Agbonlahor, Heskey.

Guest kingdawson

Good performance, shit result. Palacios and Keane have been in bad form for a while now (as has Alan Hutton when he starts).

Luckily King, Woody, Ekotto, Corluka and Kranjcar should all be back for Sunday (no Modric though still :weep:).

I actually think it'll be a good game, KD. Pienaar and Bily will both be playing so at last we'll have some craft (it was embarassing seeing Pienaar skip past players on Sunday only to get minimal support) - it's whether our defence can get their heads out of their arses and stay alert, because against the likes of Kranjcar, Lennon and Defoe, my word they'll have to be.

I tell you what, the Man U fans really are the absolute worst, most plastic bastards of any 'big' club. Only meaningful contribution today was 'we all hate Leeds scum' for 15 minutes straight, cunts can all die in a fire.

Chelsea fans are far worse.

Never actually met one Chelsea fan who is a stuck up cunt unable to discuss football on a normal basis. In return, I've yet to meet a Man U fan who isn't a stuck up cunt unable to dicsuss football on a normal basis.

Never actually met one Chelsea fan who is a stuck up c*** unable to discuss football on a normal basis. In return, I've yet to meet a Man U fan who isn't a stuck up c*** unable to dicsuss football on a normal basis.

In my experience, true Manchester United fans (i.e. those not born in Singapore, London, Maryland or Trondheim) are quite decent football fans, and pretty talkable. The plastics they attract, though, are absolutely insufferable.

Have to add that all true Manchester United fans I have met are all ex-pats (I have never been to Manchester myself...), so might not be a true reflection of the collective.

Never actually met one Chelsea fan who is a stuck up c*** unable to discuss football on a normal basis. In return, I've yet to meet a Man U fan who isn't a stuck up c*** unable to dicsuss football on a normal basis.

In my experience, true Manchester United fans (i.e. those not born in Singapore, London, Maryland or Trondheim) are quite decent football fans, and pretty talkable. The plastics they attract, though, are absolutely insufferable.

Have to add that all true Manchester United fans I have met are all ex-pats (I have never been to Manchester myself...), so might not be a true reflection of the collective.

I generally don't much care for many of the Man United fans I met while at Uni (with regards to football chat), whether from Manchester or further afield. They tend to just have the opinion that any football beyond not challenging for the Prem/CL every year isn't worth discussing, and that we've never won anything so whats the point in us existing.

Coleman and Hibbert both starting in Greece. Oh man.

What's your opinion on Jo? Every time I've seen him, he's been dire. Can't believe he's getting a game when you've got Saha and Yakubu on the bench, even though Saha is just returning from injury.

A lot of the time he's horrendous, and shows odd glimpses of talent. That said, he played well on Sunday so I'm prepared to give him a chance.

As you say, the striker who's miles ahead of the other 2 at the moment keeps getting knocks.

The thing is, it's hard to say whether it's Jo and Yakubu's fault for not playing well - partly it is, but partly they've had awful service. With Pienaar and Bily both now playing hopefully most games together, that should very quickly improve.

Niel, I read in another forum that Pienaar is not willing to extend his contract and might leave Everton at the end of the season. Is that true or is it internet bollocking?

Of course, he might want to play the World Cup card (SA is probably going to progress, face it) to aim for a bigger contract elsewhere.

Niel, I read in another forum that Pienaar is not willing to extend his contract and might leave Everton at the end of the season. Is that true or is it internet bollocking?

Of course, he might want to play the World Cup card (SA is probably going to progress, face it) to aim for a bigger contract elsewhere.

He rejected one back in the summer iirc but said it was only the first offer and that he wanted to stay. The club also said they would be making another offer but ever since we've heard nothing which is worrying.

Absolutely vital that we keep him. We can't afford to replace him with someone even half as good if his contract runs out.

YES 1-0!