The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

What happens if Watford and/or Crystal Palace fold?

Do we lose our 6 points that we have already gained off them both this season?

How would that effect us, would we be better off, worse off, or the same?

Positives: Less competition for promotion and the title.

Negatives: Technically closer to relegation :frantic:

What happens if Watford and/or Crystal Palace fold?

Do we lose our 6 points that we have already gained off them both this season?

How would that effect us, would we be better off, worse off, or the same?

Positives: Less competition for promotion and the title.

Negatives: Technically closer to relegation :frantic:

No, I meant points wise, I mean we will lose those points if both or one of those clubs folded, how well would we be better off, or worse off?

Have I missed something? Why are we talking about Watford & Crystal Palace folding?

They are both in real danger of doing so, and if they did, it would mean that they would be taken out of the league, and any points people gained against them would no longer count, meaning as it stands, we would lose 6 points.

I WAS THERE WHEN DOYLEY SCORED.

ps The Russos won't let us 'fold' and I doubt they'd let us fall into admin. We have some Elton John concert thing next May/June, but we can't touch the money until it's actually done. I'm confident we'll be fine, need Tory scum Ashcroft to stick his money where his shares are. Wanker.

Have I missed something? Why are we talking about Watford & Crystal Palace folding?

They are both in real danger of doing so, and if they did, it would mean that they would be taken out of the league, and any points people gained against them would no longer count, meaning as it stands, we would lose 6 points.

Seriously?

It's unlikely the FL would let a team fold mid-season, also, to prevent such things occuring.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Christ on a bike, I just saw Gerrard's dive against Blackburn, truly comical stuff  :lol:

They didn't show it on MOTD did they?

Christ on a bike, I just saw Gerrard's dive against Blackburn, truly comical stuff  :lol:

They didn't show it on MOTD did they?

They did.

Aye to be fair they didn't even mention it afterwards. I definitely saw it and it was f'ing disgraceful.

Guest WalkervilleMag

We don't lose the points if they fold do we? :lol:

We would yes.  But so would everybody else,  West Brom beat them 5-0.  Does not really matter though, they will not fold,  I doubt multi-millionaires like Elton John would just sit back and watch them bite the dust.  They will go into administration, loose 10-20 points,  get the majority of their debt wrote off, and thats about it.

Guest Geordiesned

The Champions League doesn't look worth bothering with tonight. It would only get interesting if Marseille scored early against Real Madrid who they need to beat by 3-0 or more to go through and send Madrid into the Europa. And that would still depend on Milan winning.

The Champions League doesn't look worth bothering with tonight. It would only get interesting if Marseille scored early against Real Madrid who they need to beat by 3-0 or more to go through and send Madrid into the Europa. And that would still depend on Milan winning.

Maybe Cronaldo will take his shirt off again.

Maybe Cronaldo will take his shirt off again.

That boy is fucking ripped.

They are calling him "Rambo" in the Spanish press since that incident.

He's quite the spastic, celebrated the 4th goal against Almería like he had scored the winner in the Champions' League final (and got sent off two minutes later). Still great player, mind.

Wolfsburg against Man Utd's makeshift defence could be interesting, doubt Fergie would be too delighted at being knocked off top spot.