The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

I don't get why people thought Boro would do well, they were based on Downing Johnson and Tuncay, and they sold 2 of them.

I thought they'd be where we were tbh. By your reasoning there who were we based on do you think?

We were much the same, I wasn't sure how we'd do to be honest. But Boro were going to blood a lot of youngsters and expecting Emnes to come to prominence, we at least had the likes of Smith, Nolan, Ameobi who had potential for this league.

Tuesday night's Championship results proved to be of great interest to Newcastle, with their nearest challengers West Bromwich Albion losing 2-0 at home to Cardiff.

The Baggies also had goalkeeper Scott Carson red-carded on a night when their six-match unbeaten run ended.

That result means that victory for United at Coventry would put Chris Hughton's men a full nine points clear and with at least as good a goal difference as Albion.

Bit of wishful thinking from .com there.

Juventus off to the Europe League. With Liverpool and potentially one of Barcelona/Inter if they don't do the business tomorrow, UEFA Cup will have some big name teams in there.

A bit of a travesty the way Atlético made it. They have a much worse overall GD.

Head to head is retarded.

Continuing the attendances theme, 10,670 at Leeds tonight including over 1,000 from Kettering.

I wonder how many applications they have from their supporters for tickets for the game at Old Trafford.

LLLO do you not reckon that is canny for Div 1 club? It is a midweek cup replay , with crimbo less than 3 weeks away against s**** oppo & also it is not often these Yorkshire c***s get to watch a game of football on there Freeview boxes so many would of taken advantage of that.

Head to head is fine. But away goals on head to head is really stretching it. Should have been GD.

I'd agree with that. Atletico's goal difference is -9, while APOEL's is only -3. Seems really harsh on the Cypriots.

Atletico are having such a stinker of a season btw. Joke of a club.

I've just had 5 Live on in the background, and while I wasn't fully attentive I'm pretty sure they were moaning on about Cech aswell :lol:

They've been complaining for a while now. Apparently seven of the ten conceded goals in PL has come from set pieces, where Cech should be in command really. But after all complaining, they've all reached the same conclusion, that he's never been the same since the Reading game and therefore can not be at fault (more or less)

Continuing the attendances theme, 10,670 at Leeds tonight including over 1,000 from Kettering.

I wonder how many applications they have from their supporters for tickets for the game at Old Trafford.

LLLO do you not reckon that is canny for Div 1 club? It is a midweek cup replay , with crimbo less than 3 weeks away against s**** oppo & also it is not often these Yorkshire c***s get to watch a game of football on there Freeview boxes so many would of taken advantage of that.

No I think it's pretty poor for a club with Leeds' fanbase, with the chance of a game at Old Trafford in the next round.

Tickets for the next round should go to those who went tonight.

I think Obertan has looked pretty dogshit most of the games I've seen him in. All style and no substance.

Then again he does remind me of Ronaldo when he first arrived. The difference being Ronaldo was 3 years younger and cost considerably more.

Good ol Chops

Scott Carson, the West Bromwich Albion captain, was sent off eight minutes from time last night for headbutting Michael Chopra. The goalkeeper’s ignominy was completed when Peter Whittingham’s ensuing penalty, initially saved by Dean Kiely, the substitute, was turned in by the Coca-Cola Championship’s leading goalscorer.

Good ol Chops

Scott Carson, the West Bromwich Albion captain, was sent off eight minutes from time last night for headbutting Michael Chopra. The goalkeeper’s ignominy was completed when Peter Whittingham’s ensuing penalty, initially saved by Dean Kiely, the substitute, was turned in by the Coca-Cola Championship’s leading goalscorer.

Carson should get a lengthy ban for that surely?

All this fuss about Owen when the real story was Obertan. Looking a major steal for Man United.

Because of one game? :lol:

I know what you are saying but the few times he has played, albeit 10-20 minutes per match mainly, he has looked a really good player, it hurts me to say.