The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Same thing Ireland got?

No....he's just bald.

Well, that's what alopecia means, it's the same thing.

Ones a medical issue and one's hereditary.

Alopecia *is* the hereditary condition that makes males lose hair. The Charlton player must have some other thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness

JJ Shelvy has alopecia areata, a rare condition very much different to common baldness.

Yeah, it's mental, one of my mates has it. No eyebrows or pubes or anything.

Aye, I went to school with a lass who had it, she wore a wig.

Same thing Ireland got?

No....he's just bald.

Alopecia *is* the hereditary condition that makes males lose hair. The Charlton player must have some other thing.

JJ Shelvy has alopecia areata, a rare condition very much different to common baldness.

It's linked to stress and stuff. I had it for a while, but it just went away after having it for about 2 years. Weird as fuck...

Same thing Ireland got?

No....he's just bald.

Same but this lass didn't wear a wig until year 11! I think she got sick of people asking her if she wanted to buy a comb, harsh bastards. :lol:

this barcelona team is probably the greatest club team that's been assembled, they we're just awesome

the goal for them has to be to go this season unbeaten in the league

also 101 goals already for messi at 22, unbelievable

xavi best passer of the ball i've seen in my lifetime as well

Cruijff's dream team versus the modern day side would have been a good contest. Though Cruijff's team would pip them as far as I'm concerned. So would the Milan team of the same era and just before.

this barcelona team is probably the greatest club team that's been assembled, they we're just awesome

Cruijff's dream team versus the modern day side would have been a good contest. Though Cruijff's team would pip them as far as I'm concerned. So would the Milan team of the same era and just before.

Having watched both play (something I'm grateful for), I have my doubts. I'm sure Guardiola's team would top Cruyff's. It is physically superior to that one and I dare say it's more talented too. The fact that now we can play more foreigners than in the early 90s helps in concentrating more talent, and the fact we are amidst the best generation of Spanish footballers since the 1960s. You just can't compare Sergi Barjuan to Dani Alves, Bakero to Keita or Touré, and Xavi's better than Pep himself. Again, football is much more physical nowadays, even lightweight players like Iniesta or Xavi would be physically superior to their 1990s counterparts.

But Guardiola's team is a spitting image of Cruyff's, just improved. Same tactic (with some adjustments), same kind of player movement... Guardiola learnt well.

Regarding that Milan... I like the late 1980s better. It was probably the scariest combination of brawn and talent ever assembled. Mourinho's Chelsea tried to be that, I think, but didn't get there.

Guest toonlass

Same thing Ireland got?

No....he's just bald.

Gail Porter has it, and a young lass I know (she is 18) has it too. Awful thing.

Yeah some lad I work with got it, was fucking scary as I didn't see him for a year when the whole change happened.

Not wanting to sound harsh but he must have been gutted, he was a very good looking lad and as I said it is harsh but you certainly look different after with no eyebrows and that.

Same thing Ireland got?

No....he's just bald.

Gail Porter has it, and a young lass I know (she is 18) has it too. Awful thing.

Must be hard for someone such as Gail Porter who had normal hair for most of her life and then gets it, the lass I knew never had any hair ever iirc so would be easier that way imo.

Having watched both play (something I'm grateful for), I have my doubts. I'm sure Guardiola's team would top Cruyff's. It is physically superior to that one and I dare say it's more talented too. The fact that now we can play more foreigners than in the early 90s helps in concentrating more talent, and the fact we are amidst the best generation of Spanish footballers since the 1960s. You just can't compare Sergi Barjuan to Dani Alves, Bakero to Keita or Touré, and Xavi's better than Pep himself. Again, football is much more physical nowadays, even lightweight players like Iniesta or Xavi would be physically superior to their 1990s counterparts.

But Guardiola's team is a spitting image of Cruyff's, just improved. Same tactic (with some adjustments), same kind of player movement... Guardiola learnt well.

Regarding that Milan... I like the late 1980s better. It was probably the scariest combination of brawn and talent ever assembled. Mourinho's Chelsea tried to be that, I think, but didn't get there.

I'd still say Cruijff's team. Mainly due to the fact Romario and Laudrup were two of my idols growing up.  :blush:

I'd still say Cruijff's team. Mainly due to the fact Romario and Laudrup were two of my idols growing up.  :blush:

Laudrup was simply amazing, how he could create a goal out of simply nothing by slotting impossible balls through the opposition... canny stuff. Romario is the best goalscorer we ever had at the club in my lifetime (yes that includes Ronaldo), but he was too lazy. Still, such a joy to watch when he was in his prime. He was only a good work ethic short of being one of the best of all time in my opinion.

Man, when I think I saw all these guys with my own eyes, god bless :)

I still consider the Barça - Dinamo Kiev of 1994 as the best performance by a Barça team in my lifetime. If you can, check youtube for the highlights (not only the goals, I'm sure there's an extended video around).