The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Tevez ran himself ragged and would be my second pick for MOTM but I thought Rooney's overall performance was better, goals or no goals.

He looked very good tonight. Cant imagine what Man U would be like without him.

It would be beautiful.

Guest Heneage

This season's proved the "Rooney's more important to Man Utd than Ronaldo" myth spectacularly wrong imo.

I think they were 50 50 to be honest.

This season's proved the "Rooney's more important to Man Utd than Ronaldo" myth spectacularly wrong imo.

Losing Ronaldo or Tevez and they'd probably have been OK, but losing both of them puts far too much pressure on Rooney with the rest of their "match winners" now in their 30s, or far too inconsistent.

I'm not sure it has. If they'd spent half decent money on a proper replacement for Ronaldo and the team was still struggling like they are now then I think you could say that it was proven.

As it is, they bought Valencia.

I wouldn't have exactly been overjoyed or anything if we'd bought him ffs.

City won, then? On fewer occassions have i ever wanted two teams to not-win so much. :lol: Man City, bleurgh - hate what's going on there. And Man Utd, ffs, my Manu-supporting mate can't actually remember the last trophy they won.

Hope Villa win it.

I thought owen did well tbf. Linked up well and they looked a bigger threat when he came on.

The Man U players didn't want to pass to him. Probably because they know he's shit.

One good pass in 30 mins. As stated already, his last 18 minutes comprised of 1 header. How can that be doing well?

I'm not sure it has. If they'd spent half decent money on a proper replacement for Ronaldo and the team was still struggling like they are now then I think you could say that it was proven.

He's actually been decent for them, though. However that's a bit of the problem, they have slowly replaced a bunch of world class players for just "good" players. I'm actually surprised they are still doing well in the league, but still can't see them finishing higher than 3rd with that squad unless there's some transfer coup this window (and so far it doesn't look like it).

Aye Villa can go and get fucked up the bumhole for me tbh. Pissed me right of with their fucking effort to make banners and taking the absolute piss out of us on the last day of last season. Much rather city won it and see Blackburn smear there shit into the smelly little faces of Aston Villa.

Tbh Valencia has been Man U's second best player this season after Rooney, he's not the problem and could turn into a real quality player. Man U's problems stem from the rest of the team as they are just a load of grafters bar Anderson, who i think is good but needs a run of games, he looked very impressive in his first season.

I think any team would be stronger and more dangerous with Ronaldo + 1 rather than Rooney + 1. Personal opinion though I guess. Think it's easier to find someone similar to Rooney than it is to get another Ronaldo.