The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Confirmed that Cronaldo broke Mtiliga's nose with his elbow. Cronaldo has apparently apologised to him after the game.

Watching the replay again, it doesn't seem *that* intentional, though (as in, he was looking to get the guy off using his elbows, but doesn't look as much as a reprisal as the first time I saw it).

Still, he really is a hyper. I guess SAF got him on a shorter leash at ManU.

The players at R.Madrid know that  whoever is the current coach is more than likely gone after 1 season so they can do what they want. Where at MUFC they have to do things SAF way as he is not going anywhere soon.

The players at R.Madrid know that  whoever is the current coach is more than likely gone after 1 season so they can do what they want. Where at MUFC they have to do things SAF way as he is not going anywhere soon.

And that obviously if Madrid have to choose between Cronaldo and Pellegrini, well... Meanwhile SAF is king there.

We showed everything, we showed that we could only have lost this match if we had had six men on the pitch," said the Inter coach. "With six men we would have lost because with seven we would still have won it. -Jose Mourinho.

That is heartless. :lol:

How many games have you watched this weekend Dave? :lol:

A good few. :laugh:

Was flicking between the Milan game, the ACN game and the Madrid game this evening. :thup:

Was definitely a great day of entertainment. With all the goings on in American sport and the ACN as well I've pretty much wasted the weekend, tbh.

It was quite a shock to see the meek assistant that Robson brought to Barça develop such an... "interesting" personality.

Incidentally some priceless Cronaldo quotes after today's sending off:

"I just wanted to keep playing. In England I learnt a lot about this because before I used to throw myself to the ground a lot, but now I get angry when players do something like that"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

(He might mean that he gets angry when he gets shirt-pulled and not when players fall on their arses at the minimum contact, but is still funny).

He's called his sending off "shameful". "Maybe in the video you can see blood, but if you know football you know that's not a red. It was just bad luck because the Malaga boy is only 1,70cm tall. Had he been taller I would have hit  the chest."

Incidentally, I do believe that he really didn't mean to hit the guy in the face, but he really used his elbows a wee bit too passionately.

Oh, and Madrid will appeal the red.

Just seen the incident, there's certainly a part of me thinking that the guy's got no one to blame but himself, he shouldn't have been pulling on Ronaldo in the first place. I can see why Ronaldo's frustrated as well, he either goes to ground and gets called a diving, cheating cunt or he tries to get rid of him, and gets sent off for it. Like VI says though, he does use his arms a bit too much, but I don't think a sending off was justified.