The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Once again Black power counts for nothing against smart Arabs.

:lol: Christ, man. That's ridiculous.

3 African nation titles on the bounce for the Arab nations says its not. Will it be 4?

The idea that black Africans depend only on athletics and that Arabs are somehow smarter is racist, stupid, and ignorant.

Starting to regret putting a pretty big bet on Nigeria to go through :undecided:

Phew! :celb:

Lucky punt!

[see what I did there?  :blush:]

It's a rhyming joke

:lol:

I know Yak didn't play very well, but Nigeria were crying to go 4-4-2 when Martins came on.

3 African nation titles on the bounce for the Arab nations says its not. Will it be 4?

The idea that black Africans depend only on athletics and that Arabs are somehow smarter is racist, stupid, and ignorant.

Were you here when the topic "We need BLACK POWER" was started? If you weren't, you're excused.

Starting to regret putting a pretty big bet on Nigeria to go through :undecided:

Phew! :celb:

Lucky punt!

[see what I did there?  :blush:]

It's a rhyming joke

:lol:

I know Yak didn't play very well, but Nigeria were crying to go 4-4-2 when Martins came on.

Yak is 2 or 3 strikers by himself, though.

Honestly though, our coach is an inflexible idiot. How does he not understand that a team needs an attack minded player from the fullbacks or the midfielders?

Yeah he has, VI. Funny enough, he's much in the same situation as last time. In 2002, he qualified us for the WC, but it was very uninspiring so he was sacked. Fast forward to 2010 and he's once again qualified us for the World Cup, but no one is impressed by his team. Rumour was he would get sacked if he didn't make the semi-finals. After that horrible performance, he might still be in the firing line anyway.

Penalty shootouts are amazing, btw. Still buzzing.

AHHHHHHHHHH YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THERE WAS A THREAD ABOUT BLACK POWER A WHILE AGO.

But lets be honest here the Arab nations have had the edge of late admittingly home games have helped in two tournaments. In the last 3 tournaments not including this one has any Black African nation had player come close to playing the game as beautiful as Mohamed Aboutrika?

I hope Nigeria wins because I know quite a few of Newcastle Nigeria community & you can laugh with them about things such as there hatred of Ghana & Nigerians killing Ghanaian English teachers. Of course if you don't climb down  off your soap box I hope Nigeria get fucking obliterated by the nearest & dearest neighbour.  :thup:

If you're done with the racist stuff (or it was a joke) than I'll respond. Arab teams have done well of late but this was assisted by the host nation winning in 2004 and 2006. Egypt is very good, but the other ones aren't as good as the West African teams, imo. They play a different, more European style, and really right now the best teams in Africa are in West Africa, except for Egypt. Still, Algeria and Tunisia are talented and organized and you need to be wary of them.

If you're done with the racist stuff (or it was a joke) than I'll respond. Arab teams have done well of late but this was assisted by the host nation winning in 2004 and 2006. Egypt is very good, but the other ones aren't as good as the West African teams, imo. They play a different, more European style, and really right now the best teams in Africa are in West Africa, except for Egypt. Still, Algeria and Tunisia are talented and organized and you need to be wary of them.

If it was racist then I should be banned for life from this board plane & simple. Mods & Admins please read the thread & if you deem it racist ban me. I said the host nation helped but Ghana did not win on home soil in West Africa & Egypt last title was not on home soil. I think we all believe the hype about West African football because of the big name players in Europe & squads packed with European based players. Where as the likes of Algeria, Egypt & Tunisia have a large portion of there squads from there domestic leagues so they don't get the hype & have the unknown factor about them for most of us but them players have dominated in recent seasons the CAF Champions League.

Black Power thread: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59501.msg1657031.html#msg1657031

Unlike Susan Boyle I am big fan of diversity (JOKE)

Am i right in saying Peter Obinwingie (sp) is half Russian?

Yes you are.

He still play in Russia, i remember him being a standout player for Lille when they played Man Utd in the CL a few year back. Him & Bodmer i think it was were fantastic.

I'm not 'racist' but I tend to agree with Thespence.

From what I've seen of the big West African nations in the tournament; Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon - I really can't see any of them coming close to winning the World Cup. The athleticism and footballing ability is obviously there as you can see when the players play with their clubs but watching them play so far this tournament I haven't seen a coherent 90 minute performance from any of them 4 teams. Of course the pitch is having a negative effect on flowing footballing, but everything just seems so disjointed and lacking of any tactical direction. So much so that it's actually pretty difficult to watch.

The North African teams just seem so much more organised with their play, they actually seem to set about their task knowing what to do and how to win. Their style of play makes the players look so much more gifted technically than the West Africans, when really I doubt they have any more natural talent than the West Africans have. I'm not generalising or being ignorant here, this is just a natural observation I've made throughout watching the whole tournament - and as far as I can see it's glaringly obvious why the last 3 tournaments have gone to the Arab nations.

If it was racist then I should be banned for life from this board plane & simple. Mods & Admins please read the thread & if you deem it racist ban me. I said the host nation helped but Ghana did not win on home soil in West Africa & Egypt last title was not on home soil. I think we all believe the hype about West African football because of the big name players in Europe & squads packed with European based players. Where as the likes of Algeria, Egypt & Tunisia have a large portion of there squads from there domestic leagues so they don't get the hype & have the unknown factor about them for most of us but them players have dominated in recent seasons the CAF Champions League.

Black Power thread: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59501.msg1657031.html#msg1657031

Unlike Susan Boyle I am big fan of diversity (JOKE)

Fair enough if that stuff was a joke, man. :thup: just caught as really inappropiate at the time.

I don't think we are overrating the Black African teams, spence. At 2006 World Cup, Black Africa qualified 4 of out Africa's five teams and in 2010, they have qualified four again. As I said, Egypt is very very good, but the others really haven't done much lately. Since winining ACN in 2004, Tunisia has struggled. Algeria had done nothing for years before their surprise qualification this time around. Morroco similarly haven't done anything for years and didn't even qualify for the Nations Cup. Teams like Nigeria, CIV, Ghana, Cameroon and even occasionally Senegal and Mali have consistently been among Africa's elite teams and in the knockout stages of the ACN. Egypt might be the best team on the continent right now, but the next four or five would be West african, imo.