The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I will pray to every available god if it makes sure we have a fully fit Rooney going into the World Cup.

everyone knows that he will break some obscure bone in his foot a month or 2 before the wc leading to sky sports news round the clock rooney watch

Guest kingdawson

I will pray to every available god if it makes sure we have a fully fit Rooney going into the World Cup.

Pray for Lennon whilst you're at it please mate.

Ready to watch Atlético - Málaga, and I just realized how much Newcastle and Atlético remind me of each other. Great support, always flattering to deceive despite strong squads on paper, a relegation in recent times, fat dumbheads in charge...

And appropiately Málaga go one up during the first minutes.

Guest kingdawson

Ready to watch Atlético - Málaga, and I just realized how much Newcastle and Atlético remind me of each other. Great support, always flattering to deceive despite strong squads on paper, a relegation in recent times, fat dumbheads in charge...

Atletico are the Spurs of La Liga imo. Supported them for around 3 years now but this season i'm starting not to care so much :weep:

Atletico are the Spurs of La Liga imo. Supported them for around 3 years now but this season i'm starting not to care so much :weep:

What are your feelings on Atletico?

Guest kingdawson

What are your feelings on Atletico?

A club run by mugs. A manager that refuses to sort out the worst defence in Europe. I don't particularly like Atletico fans tbh purely because of the racist element but can't help liking the team.

Resino is an idiot though imo. He played Forlan as the deep lying forward and Aguero as the furthest striker earlier in the season and both their form dipped because of it (especially Kun's). Ulfalusi is washed up and Perea makes at least 3 mistakes a game but he has to play them because he has no other options. Camacho was meant to have his break out season but hasn't developed at all. What a mess.

Guest kingdawson

KD, now that you are around, what's your opinion on the signing of Gudjohnsen? I actually grew to like the lad despite him not being as succesful as we hoped.

I like the signing. We have absolutely no one upfront that has a brain. We have Robbie Keane that thinks in his deluded mind can play the deep lying role effectively (well in reality he's total dog shit playing that role). Gudjohnsen gives us an option we simply don't have.

You lot played him on the tip of the 3 man midfield didn't you?