The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

What kind of refereeing was that? Peter Walton or whatever his name is red cards Nani, then Ashley young does pretty much the same thing to Valencia and doesn't get anything.

No doubt Nani should have been carded but you have to be consistent.

So as it stands Arsenal are still only 6 pts behind  :lol:

Would love If they won the title...

Nah man, they're totally out of the title race. Everyone said so when Chelsea beat them the other day... ;)

Guest firetotheworks

Im actually pleased that Fabregas hand balled it, it highlights the incident and will probably bring up the point that Gerrard 'losing his footing' was never a free kick in a few million years.

Im actually pleased that Fabregas hand balled it, it highlights the incident and will probably bring up the point that Gerrard 'losing his footing' was never a free kick in a few million years.

Yeah but he didn't expect it to be given so it's perfectly fine. Apparently.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah but he didn't expect it to be given so it's perfectly fine. Apparently.

:lol:

Christ. The ESPN commentator went with 'he just lost his footing there.'

I opted for:

GERRARD YOU f***ing CHEAT!!!

Guest firetotheworks

Some day someone's going to have the balls to say he dived. Or some day he's going to do it so blatantly on such a big stage that it'll have to be talked about, and when that happens he'll get nothing from refs.

Some day someone's going to have the balls to say he dived. Or some day he's going to do it so blatantly on such a big stage that it'll have to be talked about, and when that happens he'll get nothing from refs.

Aye.  It's equally about the wider issue that you can't call an English player a cheat but can do it with a foreigner all day long - it's pathetic and it really shows us up.

Guest firetotheworks

Walcott looks half the player.

I know, it's crazy just how poor he's been, and just how consistently he is within a game, and from one game to the next.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye.  It's equally about the wider issue that you can't call an English player a cheat but can do it with a foreigner all day long - it's pathetic and it really shows us up.

Too rights Interthenebula. Unless it's Joe Cole or a pacy winger (Lennon, SWP, Walcott, Young etc) it's technically impossible for an Englishman to have ever dived.

Intersandman's right. When you think about the stick Drogba got for diving, Gerrard is right up there.

Fucking hell, all this time you've called me Intersandman and I've been like "What?  Doesn't make sense, he's finally flipped".  I finally Googled "inter sandman" just then and Enter Sandman came up.  :lol:  Very clever.  I actually really like that song as well. :lol:

Guest kingdawson

KD "we miss so many chances" comment imminent.

Did you see Redknapp's team selection? the guy actually sacrificed a league game for the Bolton game on sunday. I can't believe he had the nerve to do that. Our finishing was a total joke again but nothing new there.

Wow sacrificing a league game when you have a chance to reach 4th....just wow.

Guest kingdawson

Sorry GG is down so i guess i have to vent a little more on here.

Jenas what a wimp :mackems:. How can a guy be built like that and always get totally owned?

Our finishing = repulsive (today we simply played shite tbf)

We got rid of our deadwood (Gio, Hutton, Keane) but we still have no heart. Wolverhampton Wanderers have done the double over us  :mackems: :mackems:...We haven't even managed to score against them  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: