The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Maybe he's trying to copy EBM?

He's going to beat the fuck out of Mark Bright soon.

Him or Garth Crooks, I'd be happy.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/79650627.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C658852EF164495F5A0F6D954E02E256677F3CA8E0CEE0C02895D

"Bring amber lamps!"

Didn't even think of Johnson tbh.

Defoe has time on his side, his improvements in the last 2 or 3 years have been massive. I was glad he didn't go to WC 2006 but will be very happy to see him play this time round.

Not really. He's always been a decent finisher, just it's being recognised by a decent England manager for a change.

Defoe has time on his side, his improvements in the last 2 or 3 years have been massive. I was glad he didn't go to WC 2006 but will be very happy to see him play this time round.

Not really. He's always been a decent finisher, just it's being recognised by a decent England manager for a change.

I still wonder what the World Cup in '06 would have been like if we took Defoe and played him.  Probably would have missed a pen against Portugal and we still would be out.  :lol:

He's always been a  pretty decent finisher. He hasn't always been the player he is now.

Chuffed that Juanma Lillo seems to be having a good start to his tenure at Almería. His Salamanca side was great to watch but he has quite not achieved success ever since.

Also chuffed to see the scum losing again, they will be a bit like Sunderland though, they are s*** but the bottom is even shittier so they won't get relegated.

Thanks again for you help earlier. Arrived at Almeria 3 hours before the game started, got nice seats and some food. Really enjoyed the match. Lot's of good chances for both sides, but At.Madrid will have to feel let down considering they had two shots in the crossbar, and two one on ones where Forlan really should have got them in front.

Thankfully I got myself an Almeira scarf before kick-off, so I could join the celebration two minutes before full time  :indi:

Edit: Anyone else seen much of Pablo Piatti? Really liked the look of him today. Fast as lightning, worked hard, put some nice balls into the oppositions area and scored a goal. Would like to see him in black and white next season!

Chuffed that Juanma Lillo seems to be having a good start to his tenure at Almería. His Salamanca side was great to watch but he has quite not achieved success ever since.

Also chuffed to see the scum losing again, they will be a bit like Sunderland though, they are s*** but the bottom is even shittier so they won't get relegated.

Thanks again for you help earlier. Arrived at Almeria 3 hours before the game started, got nice seats and some food. Really enjoyed the match. Lot's of good chances for both sides, but At.Madrid will have to feel let down considering they had two shots in the crossbar, and two one on ones where Forlan really should have got them in front.

Thankfully I got myself an Almeira scarf before kick-off, so I could join the celebration two minutes before full time  :indi:

Edit: Anyone else seen much of Pablo Piatti? Really liked the look of him today. Fast as lightning, worked hard, put some nice balls into the oppositions area and scored a goal. Would like to see him in black and white next season!

Glad you were able to make it to the match and enjoy it!

Piatti is class, he was struggling under Hugo Sánchez and his extremely negative tactics, but under Lillo he seems to be flourishing again.

Hving watched the Blackburn-Bolton game, there is nothing I would fear from either of them if we go up. One thing I found hard to understand, why did Bolton not start Weiss or give Wilshire a run? These are two lads who could have provided that spark of creation they seem to lack.

Blackburn looked woeful, even though they scored three but Bolton's defensive shape was shocking. I felt a bit sorry for Zat Knight because he seemed to be doing the job of two defenders.

Looking at the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Wolves, Sunderland, Burnley, Hull, any two of these to go down with Portsmouth. I think West Ham will do enough to survive.