The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I find it really upsetting seeing such talented players being taken out of games by these mindless thugs who think they're tough guys by flying into a player's unprotected legs. So cowardly. They only ever do it to players who they know won't retaliate too. Why don't you ever see these sorts of tackles against the likes of Barton or Rooney? Arsenal need a couple of players who are going to have the players backs and serve up some retaliation for this crap. You didn't see this anywhere as often when Vieira and Petite were in there. Really crap stuff. Hope Ramsay recovers fully.

I find it really upsetting seeing such talented players being taken out of games by these mindless thugs who think they're tough guys by flying into a player's unprotected legs. So cowardly. They only ever do it to players who they know won't retaliate too. Why don't you ever see these sorts of tackles against the likes of Barton or Rooney? Arsenal need a couple of players who are going to have the players backs and serve up some retaliation for this crap. You didn't see this anywhere as often when Vieira and Petite were in there. Really crap stuff. Hope Ramsay recovers fully.

Campbell was straight in everyones face like. Know what you mean though. It's nearly always the nimble, technical players that get knacked.

To be fair it sounds as if the tackle wasnt that bad.

It wasn't a bad tackle or intended though, it was just slighly miss timed and very unlucky.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6706/e5766c0c91d8855bd917307.jpg

:undecided:

Looking at that it is higher up than I thought and should hopefully be a clean break. Hopefully he recovers fully. Thought it was another ankle one, which is always a nightmare with all the tendons etc.

Another idiot judging without seeing what's actually happened.

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if you feel it, or if you just go into a trance. I remember when Smith broke his, he just looked like he needed a bit of a sit down rather than looking like he was in any pain.

:thup:

Guest kingdawson

I put a £10 bet on Gooners to win 3-2 at 225-1 and another £10 bet on Gooners to win 3-1 at 35-1. Both when the score was 1-0 Stoke.

Guest toonlass

The thing with these leg break photos is, it doesn't matter if you can stomach the worst horror movies in the world, your brain automatically knows these photos are real I am sure and just hits the vomit button when you see them.

I wonder if you feel it, or if you just go into a trance. I remember when Smith broke his, he just looked like he needed a bit of a sit down rather than looking like he was in any pain.

Not the same but I snapped both bones in my forearm when i was young playing football and its the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. Immediate pain.

I've severly bruised my bone in my arm, but since the pain was so bad, never had an x-ray, and still felt it over 6 weeks later I think I broke it, though it wasn't a clean break.

Anyway I wouldn't want to find out in all honesty.

:thup:

What gives either of you the right to call me an idiot? Whatever ...

Anyway, I did see the tackle and I believe that even in those 50-50 type scenarios players have to have some responsibility.

By the way I was talking generally about the approach taken towards these types of players all the time as they clearly are targetted and kicked all over the place. Some suffer far worse injuries and some don't, but the threat is always there. People just have to respect their fellow professionals. It's peoples careers in jeopardy at the end of the day.