The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I wonder if you feel it, or if you just go into a trance. I remember when Smith broke his, he just looked like he needed a bit of a sit down rather than looking like he was in any pain.

Not the same but I snapped both bones in my forearm when i was young playing football and its the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. Immediate pain.

Only broke the one bone in my arm but it certainly wasn't as painful as having injections into your ball sack.

Guest Geordiekev

I wound it back on Sky+ and it was a 50/50 tackle which shouldn't have resulted in a red card. Shawcross was genuinely distraught. Certainly no intent to cause the injury that happened.

Agreed watched it back a few times and i agree about it being 50/50, not nice but the strongest shin won, troubles me when I see the crap players now where on their legs, some shin protection would do naff all in the event of a strong collision.

No offence but I really don't care if Shawcross was crying or not. They're going on about it a little too much fo rmy liking. It's exactly how he should feel tbh. I'm more concerned about the 19 year old kid whose leg is broken in two.

I wound it back on Sky+ and it was a 50/50 tackle which shouldn't have resulted in a red card. Shawcross was genuinely distraught. Certainly no intent to cause the injury that happened.

Agreed watched it back a few times and i agree about it being 50/50, not nice but the strongest shin won, troubles me when I see the crap players now where on their legs, some shin protection would do naff all in the event of a strong collision.

played in a school game where one of our lads had his shinpad cracked in two in a 50/50 challenge.  Was a miracle there was little damage to his leg other than some heavy bruising in all honesty.

played in a school game where one of our lads had his shinpad cracked in two in a 50/50 challenge.  Was a miracle there was little damage to his leg other than some heavy bruising in all honesty.

I was on the end of a tackle like that at school, amazed I didn't break my leg. Even now, 10 years or so on you can still see where the bruise/impact was but no lasting damage thank god.

Guest Stephen927
We know what to expect from teams but we've lost 3 players in 5 years to horrendous tackles. I refuse to believe it's coincidence.

50/50 challenge, it's on youtube now.

How gory?

Not very (comparing it to pictures already seen on here), those pictures you have already seen are far worse, you can see the leg dip a bit after the challenge, but it's from a different angle from where the picture was taken.

To be fair Skysports could of showed the challenge again at normal speed and no close up's, but the pictures afterwards are a different story.

Guest firetotheworks

How gory?

:lol: You're blatantly dying to watch it. I can imagine you now. 'No I dont want to look, has it happened yet *sneaks a little spy* oh no, no, no I dont want to see it *slowly moves hand aside* SNAP :puke: I TOLD YOU :puke: I DIDNT WANT BLEU BLUE BLUEEERGH :puke:  BLUUUUUUUUUEEEERGH.....see it.'

Guest toonlass

How gory?

Not very, those pictures you have already seen are far worse, you can see the leg dip a bit after the challenge, but it's from a differetn angle from where the picture was taken.

Nowt in that challenge like. Freak accident. Poor lad.

How gory?

Not very, those pictures you have already seen are far worse, you can see the leg dip a bit after the challenge, but it's from a differetn angle from where the picture was taken.

Nowt in that challenge like. Freak accident. Poor lad.

This, if someone had of gotten a red card for that without an injury I'm pretty sure it would of been wiped off, however I don't think the FA will do it with the injury and I don't think Shawcross or Stoke will appeal in anyway.

I've seen that video with it slowed down, and it is still a 50/50. Fair enough the replays shows he got none of the ball but he only just missed it and it was their to be won, Ramsey won it just but got the injury, a dead on 50/50.