The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

They both go to kick the ball, it's not even a tackle as such. Ramsey gets there first and Shawcross simply wallops Ramsey's leg instead of the ball. The result could easily have been Shawcross breaking his own leg or even both of them doing so.

They both go to kick the ball, it's not even a tackle as such. Ramsey gets there first and Shawcross simply wallops Ramsey's leg instead of the ball. The result could easily have been Shawcross breaking his own leg or even both of them doing so.

That sums it up well.

That sums it up well.

Agreed. :thup:

just heard about aaron ramsey and tbh i'm livid. im sick of idiot players doing reckless tackles....honestly, what a twat. whats the point in having a promising career if some idiot is gonna break your leg like that? i'm one of many fans that were excited to see how his career will develop at arsenal and tonight thats in jeopardy  :no:

thats a wonderful day completely ruined. get well soon aaron.

just heard about aaron ramsey and tbh i'm livid. im sick of idiot players doing reckless tackles....honestly, what a twat. whats the point in having a promising career if some idiot is gonna break your leg like that? i'm one of many fans that were excited to see how his career will develop at arsenal and tonight thats in jeopardy  :no:

What a load of bollocks. Well most of it.

I suggest you watch the incident, their was no intent to harm him at all.

Shawcross named in the England squad....

Hurting sheepshaggers counts in Fabio's book.....Cahill needs to nail the hunchback of Cardiff if he wants to progress.

Full squad:David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart; Wes Brown, James Milner, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Joleon Lescott, Ryan Shawcross, Leighton Baines, Stephen Warnock; David Beckham, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Michael Carrick, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stewart Downing; Emile Heskey, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Carlton Cole

well i've just seen it now and i stand by what i say. it was a bad tackle. poor aaron.

Poor Aaron Ramsey indeed but it wasn't a bad tackle.

he was very late and the sheer force of it made it look even worse.

The whole incident was over in under a second.  Not sure how there was time for him to be very late.

well i've just seen it now and i stand by what i say. it was a bad tackle. poor aaron.

He was late but certainly not very late, the speed and force they were both going at certainly made it worse.

It wasn't even a tackle, they were both going for a loose ball and Ramsey got there just before the defender and it was very unfortunate that he broke his leg.

The whole incident was over in under a second.  Not sure how there was time for him to be very late.

As it's been said, it could easily of went either way, you see attempts for these balls a 100 times a game. It's just down to very bad luck.

Shawcross named in the England squad....

Hurting sheepshaggers counts in Fabio's book.....Cahill needs to nail the hunchback of Cardiff if he wants to progress.

Full squad:David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart; Wes Brown, James Milner, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Joleon Lescott, Ryan Shawcross, Leighton Baines, Stephen Warnock; David Beckham, Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Michael Carrick, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stewart Downing; Emile Heskey, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Carlton Cole

Milner at RB?