The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Feel very bad for Ramsey and wish him well. Arsenal supporters (foreign ones anyway) are ridiculous. My cousin called me after it happened claiming that Shawcross should be charge with assault or GBH. He said that there was criminal intent as Stoke had stated their intention to "rough up" the Arsenal players. As he said, "manslaughter is accidental. This was intentional. This is murder." :lol: I've read similar things online. That is a team and a group of fans that play the victim card too much.

Nowt in the challenge. Both Shearer and Hansen described it as clumsy and it wasn't even that, really. Just incredibly unlucky.

It would help if Shawcross foot wasn't raised a foot off the ground at impact. in the old days these used to be called sliding tackles, but why slide when you can go into a 50/50 at a leg breaking angle and be justified by the watching public?

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

He goes to kick/clear the ball because it's bouncing free. Have you seen it?

I saw Shawcross raise his foot at just the right height which would snap a leg in half. In fact Eduardo almost came in for the same treatment if he hadn't pulled out after he came on.

Nowt in the challenge. Both Shearer and Hansen described it as clumsy and it wasn't even that, really. Just incredibly unlucky.

It would help if Shawcross foot wasn't raised a foot off the ground at impact. in the old days these used to be called sliding tackles, but why slide when you can go into a 50/50 at a leg breaking angle and be justified by the watching public?

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

I saw Shawcross raise his foot at just the right height which would snap a leg in half. In fact Eduardo almost came in for the same treatment if he hadn't pulled out after he came on.

Raise his foot? He swung for the ball and missed. He didn't stamp or go with studs showing.

Ramsey doesn't have the ball in his possession, like an opponent normally would if you were tackling them. Shawcross doesn't attempt to stretch and play the ball with the sole of his boot, like you often would if tackling an opponent.

They ball is bouncing free and both go to clear it, Ramsey simply gets there a fraction of a second first. You see it all the time just with far less serious consequences.

It's the very definition of a 50/50 clash, because it could have easily ended up with Shawcross coming off worse.

Guest Heneage

The problem is, because Shawcross plays for Stoke, and because he plays along side Huth to anyone who doesn't know the player or see the tackle will instantly assume the worst. Really it's a freak accident by a promising defender who clearly was cut up about what happened. If it was Huth I'd be more inclined to say it was a dirty tackle by a horrible c***.

Can't see what difference it makes who it was or who he plays for and alongside tbh. You'd have to be a right mong to assume anything without seeing it really.

I guess with some players it wouldn't surprise you as much like. Cattermole springs to mind.

True, but that whole team are percieved as 'Anti-Football'.

The whole thing about Delaps throws totally outweighs the fact that sometimes, they actually score some tidy goals, and that Ricardo Fuller is a damn good striker. Teams often get reputations, and those reputations spread to all of their players, irrespective of their past in the game, I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is sadly.

Feel very bad for Ramsey and wish him well. Arsenal supporters (foreign ones anyway) are ridiculous. My cousin called me after it happened claiming that Shawcross should be charge with assault or GBH. He said that there was criminal intent as Stoke had stated their intention to "rough up" the Arsenal players. As he said, "manslaughter is accidental. This was intentional. This is murder." :lol: I've read similar things online. That is a team and a group of fans that play the victim card too much.

I've never had anyhting bad to say about Arsenal fans, but latlely they seem to be taking the piss.

On another forum I go on I've been having an arguement with fucking prick who is an Arsenal fan, he thinks he knows everything about football and everytime someone says something different he bullies them. I said something different, he tried to bully me and I backed myself up, he tried to debate things and I produced him with facts, he started being a prick again a few days ago, and now because I told him noone else on that forum likes him (which is true) and told him to piss off he refuses to speak to me. He's now playing the Shawcross got out a gun, shot him dead, then raped his dead body card and everyone else on that forum including me has seen the challenge and said it was just down to bad luck. I see other things from Arsenal fans and they just seem to be in the same world as Wenger to be honest.

Guest Heneage

Claridge: They need some fresh faces.

Aye that'll be the same Bournemouth that have a transfer embargo.

I'm sure you can sign free players can't you, i.e. players without a club?

Claridge: They need some fresh faces.

Aye that'll be the same Bournemouth that have a transfer embargo.

I'm sure you can sign free players can't you, i.e. players without a club?

Still though.

His punditry is fucking abysmal.

Thats another thing, whats wrong with Stoke's long throws? I mean if any other team had done it then it would be classed as a great piece of play, we used to do similar things when we had Distin. Sure other times they might play long ball, but you can't complain when a ball you know is going to come into the box, comes in and you don't defend it.

Thats another thing, whats wrong with Stoke's long throws? I mean if any other team had done it then it would be classed as a great piece of play, we used to do similar things when we had Distin. Sure other times they might play long ball, but you can't complain when a ball you know is going to come into the box, comes in and you don't defend it.

Nothing at all. They've only scored a few goals from it this season anyway. Our home game v Stoke last season, Delap went off when we were 2-0 up and we all know what happened after. They're not glamorous or particularly attractive to watch but they're effective and thats what matters. Not a million miles like us this season at times.

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

Raise his foot? He swung for the ball and missed. He didn't stamp or go with studs showing.

Ramsey doesn't have the ball in his possession, like an opponent normally would if you were tackling them. Shawcross doesn't attempt to stretch and play the ball with the sole of his boot, like you often would if tackling an opponent.

They ball is bouncing free and both go to clear it, Ramsey simply gets there a fraction of a second first. You see it all the time just with far less serious consequences.

It's the very definition of a 50/50 clash, because it could have easily ended up with Shawcross coming off worse.

I give up. Fuck Aaron Ramsay, long live Shawcross.

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

I hope you're on the wind up in a a big way.

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

Why is there no flounce smiley?

Guest Heneage

It's not a tackle.

What was it then?

I give up. f*** Aaron Ramsay, long live Shawcross.

Why is there no flounce smiley?

Decky was making one but...

Guest Heneage

What would you say if it was Ramsay that f***ed up Shawcross?

I'd say Aaron Ramsay's a quick and skilfull player. I'm surprised he'd be so clumsy to make a leg breaking challenge.

Are you being serious?

What would you say if it was Ramsay that fucked up Shawcross?

I'd say Aaron Ramsay's a quick and skilfull player. I'm surprised he'd be so clumsy to make a leg breaking challenge.

Aye, cos' no Arsenal players ever make horrific tackles.

Are you being serious?

Why? Has Ramsay ever broken someone's leg?

Aye, he should have just stepped out the way and let Ramsey run past him.