The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Surely the point of a roof is that they can close it when it rains?

not even just today they should have closed it yesterday since it's been raining in London all weekend, not like it was a last minute dilemma

Aye, that's what I meant.

they ran out of money to cpomplete the roof...so they cant cloe it.

It was never ever designed to close.

Ah. I thought it was always supposed to close? Oh, well.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd rather he was fit but unpicked, or shit when he is tbh. You know he'll be all 'I was just coming into the form of my life when I got injured.' and that'll become the media accepted reason why he didn't go to the world cup.

not even just today they should have closed it yesterday since it's been raining in London all weekend, not like it was a last minute dilemma

I'm sure they idea was to have a closing roof.

Guest toonlass

Was listening to the Old Firm game while packing the kitchen stuff up into boxes and was clearing out the top shelf of my cupboard when we scored and I fell off the stool I was on.  :celb:

No, the media proposed that idea after seeing the Millenium stadium in Cardiff and then they revealed the arch and ev eryone thought it was something to do with a closing roof, when infact it was just an icon to replace the towers.

Liverpool 2-1, Torres

I don't wish this on anyone, but Ramsey injury would of been great if it happend to Torres instead, f***ing up both Liverpool and Spain.

Heh?

Well I don't wish it on him, but an injury that is painless but will keep him out from now untill after the world cup would be ideal.

No, the media proposed that idea after seeing the Millenium stadium in Cardiff and then they revealed the arch and ev eryone thought it was something to do with a closing roof, when infact it was just an icon to replace the towers.

Anyway, the point stands. They had the covers on yesterday when the pitch was already soaked.