The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Love these team that kill themselves to get in Europe, and don't try when they get there ammuses me. The arrogance from teams who haven't been in the CL in ten or more years is quite funny to me.

It isn't about arrogance, it is about the fact that the format of the competition is such that, if you don't have a Champions League strength squad, you can not conduct a decent campaign in that AND in the league. Fulham are a one-off in that respect (if you consider their league campaign respectable).

I started watching us last year in the Europa League in July, against Odense, and watched every home match, and it just seemed to go on forever. By the end, I was relieved as much as anything. I thought it would last the rest of my natural life.

It is not about arrogance, it is about the fact that the format of the competition is absolutely ridiculous, especially compared to the UEFA Cup.

No, the format isn't great, but I'm just pleased to play in Europe full stop really.

What would you propose? Possibly a return to straight-knockout? I think it was like that, anyway. I can't say we had much interest in it up until  Moyes' reign.  :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

West Ham have put additional advertising hoardings up as close to the throw in line as they're allowed to stop Delap taking long throw ins! :lol:

Guest Phil K

:frantic:

WBA a goal down.

Are they ? Already ?

Fab.

Lets hope they get what deserve out of the game - NOTHING

There is still at least 1 penalty to come yet though.

Of course.

I keep forgetting that the Referees Association have their pension fund invested in a "WBA promoted" bet- or it seems that way !

West Ham have puy additional advertising hoardings up as close to the throw in line as they're allowed to stop Delap taking throw ins! :lol:

Some other team about a month ago put the boards about 2 foot away from the line to stop the run up for the long ball throw, nowt wrong with it so long as it's not too close to the pitch.