Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

For some reason I'm fairly confident Barton will sign a new deal. Don't see where all the doom and gloom is coming from.

There is absolutely no way we'll let Tiote, Enrique and Barton go in one transfer window. I know Ashley is a cock, but that would be suicidal.

the same mail that was trying to engineer a move to villa for him in jan.

yeah i'm going to stick this in the ignore column

The Mail have often been bang on the money during Ashley's reign, like it or not.

First ones to call Tiote for a start.

the same mail that was trying to engineer a move to villa for him in jan.

yeah i'm going to stick this in the ignore column

The Mail have often been bang on the money during Ashley's reign, like it or not.

First ones to call Tiote for a start.

I'd put my house on that he won't go to Hamburg, though.

Simon Esland said in the meeting we had with him that there is a wage cap. Of course, he would not disclose how much it is.

Tbf, he didn't use the phrase wage cap.  He used wage structure which implied that it was more than just a cap, but contract offers were being made based upon performance and ability.  He said Enrique's offer would be in line with this structure.

Simon Esland said in the meeting we had with him that there is a wage cap. Of course, he would not disclose how much it is.

Tbf, he didn't use the phrase wage cap.  He used wage structure which implied that it was more than just a cap, but contract offers were being made based upon performance and ability.  He said Enrique's offer would be in line with this structure.

Which should therefore be at the top end of the ''structure''.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I would be suprised and gutted if he didn't sign an extension. Who other than us is going to want him? We love him and for a modern footballer he's not that much of a gready c**kend. He is actually a footballer I could see taking a wage cut and as for the length of the contract players that age should only be offered one year extensions.

Every day this drags on, it seems to become more unlikely he'll sign a new deal.

On a related note, whatever happened to the poster Boey Jarton?

I would be suprised and gutted if he didn't sign an extension. Who other than us is going to want him? We love him and for a modern footballer he's not that much of a gready c**kend. He is actually a footballer I could see taking a wage cut and as for the length of the contract players that age should only be offered one year extensions.

he'll take a pay cut regardless of where he goes because,  like alan smith and coloccini no-one will poay them the money they are currently on.

Yep. He's not going to get more than £50k elsewhere you wouldn't imagine so might as well sign it here, if he's still doing the business after the 2013-14 season then he can always sign another extension. Shouldn't even be an issue.

Not sure about that. If he winds his contract down then he'll walk for nothing and with no transfer fee to pay the buying club may be willing to give him an extra £10 or 15k a week plus a whacking big signing on fee.

If he's not happy to play here until he's 32 on £50k a week after we stuck with him through injuries and off the field issues he can feck off. He's playing in front of a set of fans who love him on massive wages.

Not sure about that. If he winds his contract down then he'll walk for nothing and with no transfer fee to pay the buying club may be willing to give him an extra £10 or 15k a week plus a whacking big signing on fee.

he may get more from a new club then he would be on here, i can't see him getting motre than he is currently on even on a free as a 29yr old.

he may get more from a new club then he would be on here, i can't see him getting motre than he is currently on even on a free as a 29yr old.

There's always a club with more money than sense. West Ham spring to mind...

Still think he'll sign the contract personally but he'll have plenty of options if he Bosman's.