Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Roger Kint

i also wouldn't think he was referring to wages from that quote, comes across to me as referencing transfer fees tbh

I agree, the very next sentence of 'So hopefully they spend it and spend it wisely' says it.

Everyone doubts he will invest the Carroll money back into the squad.. would be great if he would and even add some to it.. show our top players they are not wasting their time here.

Sad fact is though, they are wasting their time whilst MA owns this club.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, Joey putting putting people like Smith, Owen, Viduka and Martins on ridiculous high wages has helped us to get us into Europe in the past.  Also you've only barely started to actually earn your own wages after 3 years on 65k a week.

Guest Stephen927

We don't know what he's calling 'peanuts' as no one knows what the players are earning. Could be that Williamson and Tiote are on something daft like £10k each.

He isn't advocating splashing out on shit like Viduka and Smith.

Are people just stopping reading after the peanuts sentence? Clearly not talking wages ffs :undecided:

It's not clear but it scarcely matters. He has team-mates like Williamson, Simpson, Tiote and Best who were bought for low fees and earn less than him. Whether or not they're as good as him, they've given their best and have each made their contributions.

Barton has consistently let the club, his team mates and the fans down by his behaviour on and off the pitch. As a result, we haven't had a particularly good return from all the money that we've invested in him over the last three years. Who the hell is he to be delivering lectures to the owner about how he should spend the club's money?

Are people just stopping reading after the peanuts sentence? Clearly not talking wages ffs :undecided:

It's not clear but it scarcely matters. He has team-mates like Williamson, Simpson, Tiote and Best who were bought for low fees and earn less than him. Whether or not they're as good as him, they've given their best and have each made their contributions.

Barton has consistently let the club, his team mates and the fans down by his behaviour on and off the pitch. As a result, we haven't had a particularly good return from all the money that we've invested in him over the last three years. Who the hell is he to be delivering lectures to the owner about how he should spend the club's money?

Have to say I agree with this. While I agree with Barton that the club should be spending a bit more, he's a highly-privileged employee who has been cut more slack by his employers than could reasonably be expected.

He's only just starting to earn his wages, I would hope he would keep these sorts of comments in house.

There is nothing in that article other than common sense.

Couldn't have said it better. He's just saying what most people would rather deny.

I think most people have admitted he's technically correct, the issue is more whether he should be saying it to the media.

Couldn't have said it better. He's just saying what most people would rather deny.

I think most people have admitted he's technically correct, the issue is more whether he should be saying it to the media.

Almost as 'insensitive' as Nolan's comments re: Carroll and Liverpool.

Not sure I follow you.

I very much doubt there is players unrest with regards to what Barton has said :lol:

Williamson will know he was bought cheaply beacause of the Pompey farce.

Simpson will know he was picked up cheaply because his deal at MUFC has 6 months left.

Bestie will know he was bought cheaply because he came from Coventry.

Sol & Loven will know they were cheap because they were out of contract.

Tiote will know more than likely will not being reading the paper or the online version of the Daily Star

It is so blatant from everything we've seen that neither he meant a slight against the likes of Williamson nor that the likes of Williamson will take offence at these comments. Can't believe some of the sentiments. It's obvious he's referring as much to contract renegotiations with the Tiotes and Enriques as anything else. I think it's established that Barton himself is prepared to take a wage cut himself, indeed I think the contract is virtually there to be signed - it's just that recent events have thrown things into a little doubt, as he explained.

It's fine to take an unproven, grateful player in on the cheap, but when he's given good service and proven himself to all and sundry, he's due more. It's the culture, it's the way of things, it's the market in action.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Strangely enough...

Some French Guy, utterly lost in Forest Hall, asked for my help today. Bit confused, I stopped and listened. Apparently he was a reporter for a French Football Magazine, and was looking for Darsley Park! Ah, well, since I'm heading in that generally direction, I'll show you where it is, I replied. So we walked and talked, and I think he did his best to understand me, and he was all set to interview Joey Barton at 1pm. Joey's first interview with a french football magazine!

He asked if I liked Barton, I said 'aye'. Asked if I agreed with Barton's comments that he (Barton) was the best English Midfielder. Said, perhaps. Talked a bit about how people perceived Barton and his reputation, mentioned the Diaby tackle as an example. Really interesting. Asked him if he was nervous, he said 'Yes, maybe because he won't understand me, or I won't understand him. Does he have an accent?'. 'Yes. But not as bad as mine."

Showed him where the Training Ground was, and wished him good luck. Pretty sure he said the magazine was called 'On Foot', but I can't seem to find anything about it on Google. Ah well.

Not sure I follow you.

Did you not hear what Nolan said to LFC Tv or whatever it's called?