Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Where's Chris Mort when you need him?

Why exactly would we need him?

Because he wanted the best for this club?

Mort was complicit in the KK affair tbh. Seemed a decent bloke but nothing more really.

:thup:

Transfer list him then.

No point if he wants to stay until the end of his contract.

Then prepare to rot at home counting his money. I am pretty sure a year away from top level football would end his career.

Being injured/in jail for around the same time didn't and why remove him from the team when he is the best currently in his position? Daft.

he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january........"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership".

so whats happened between january and now?

Nothing's changed

"he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january" - But he wasn't offered 4 years, which is why he didn't sign.

"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership" - Because he wants a 4 year deal and the current ownership won't offer it him.

by that reckoning its 4 years or nowt. ok im siding with nufc on this one

Oldtype - Ashley is going to want his cash back at some point. How else is he going to do it other than asset stripping the side and running the club on petrol fumes?

So they're called 'loans' when the lender wants the cash back and they're only actual loans when the lender has no intention of seeing his money again?

Just making sure I'm understanding the concepts here.

The owner will want his money back - there's nothing more certain than that. Question is - how is he going to get it?

:lol:

Never mind. Wasted attempt.

Where's Chris Mort when you need him?

Why exactly would we need him?

Because he wanted the best for this club?

Mort was nothing more than Ashley's mate. Don't know why some fans think he was good for us or something....... it's all based on fuck all. Maybe they liked his face and immaculate spoken English.... I don't know.

I'm not going to put too much emotion into this until he really leaves. Like most have said, Barton is replaceable and getting relatively old for a winger. I still appreciate what he's done and want him here, but this is the least of my concerns at the moment.

In this situation, I think "the club will not offer a contract" means "the club will not offer an improved contract" - hasn't Joey said himself that a contract was on the table?

In this situation, I think "the club will not offer a contract" means "the club will not offer an improved contract" - hasn't Joey said himself that a contract was on the table?

There have been two offered contracts. Latest today.

Obviously.

There have been two offered contracts. Latest today.

I think the offer today is the same as the one in january

Obviously.

I'm just saying.

"the club have stated that they would not be making any offer to Barton" suggests no deal was ever on the table.

Nolan already has a contract taking him to 31 and they're apparently willing to give him a new one.

Barton supposedly wants a new contract taking him to 32.

Why such a big difference?

Guest WashyGeordie

Your time is ready, step up to the plate...

Ryan Taylor.  :coolsmiley:

Aye. My reading of the situation is we've offered him a deal in January, he's stalled hoping to worry the club into adding a year or two onto it but we've not budged and this has upset McKay who is now coming out with a lot of stuff which we know to be complete bollocks.

Guest hobshobs

Ambition? Do we want to end up with a side with the likes of Butt, Owen, Geremi, Smith all past thier best playing together way past ther best days. I certainly don't. Two years for Joey takes him to 31. I personally wouldn't give Nolan an extension. His legs have gone already to be honest. We need younger, pacy, hungry players.

There must be an offer on the table, or else Barton won't give out those statements before. So what Willie means is no improved contract after the one in January, do not think the current owner will back down, and therefore has to leave for free next season.

Ransom.

Nolan already has a contract taking him to 31 and they're apparently willing to give him a new one.

It's up next year when he's 30 (next summer), we alledgedly offered him a 2 year extension until he's 32, but he wants until 33 doesn't he?

Guest WashyGeordie

Ambition? Do we want to end up with a side with the likes of Butt, Owen, Geremi, Smith all past thier best playing together way past ther best days. I certainly don't. Two years for Joey takes him to 31. I personally wouldn't give Nolan an extension. His legs have gone already to be honest. We need younger, pacy, hungry players.

'You can't win anything with youngsters though!'  :cheesy:

Nolan has yet to sign it. Probably he won't as very likely he would also get a pay cut.

I think Nolan's impact off the pitch means he's worth having around. He's a good club captain.

I can see where both parties are coming from here.

Barton wants to stay but will see this as possibly the final contract of his career so he's looking for the security of a long term deal.

The club want to keep him but don't want to hand a long term deal to someone that will be 29 in September and who has been injury prone in his time here, playing in less than half of the league games the team has played in the last 4 years.

I can see him leaving and ending up somewhere like Blackburn who will offer him the security that he wants.

'You can't win anything with youngsters though!'  :cheesy:

James Milners either.