Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would be willing to bet he hasn't signed for QPR yet because 1) they won't offer him enough money or 2) a long enough contract.  Think he's just testing the waters because he wants to feel needed/wanted.

i wish this was true but i think they will dole out a 5 year contract at £70k...it just feels like this may have been his plan at the start, and he would make outrageous demands and end up getting it all! It does seem that everything he does at the moment is probably at the advice of his agent/image consultant, every single tweet...

I would be willing to bet he hasn't signed for QPR yet because 1) they won't offer him enough money or 2) a long enough contract.  Think he's just testing the waters because he wants to feel needed/wanted.

Disagree. I don't think he has signed yet, but that's because he's not sold on QPR. At all. He's pushing for a new contract/trying to get bigger clubs interested.

Joey is a mighty king, a shogun warrior who's roar send the tigers fleeing.

He must return although slightly crestfallen, the warrior will still dance with the sun, he will still be kissed by it's golden glow/

:thup:

Realistically, if this is his best offer, he has to take it. He could suffer a career ending injury next week, and have to retire without the compensation of a long contract.

Still, realism isn't Joey's strong point, and he finds decisions difficult.

Realistically, if this is his best offer, he has to take it. He could suffer a career ending injury next week, and have to retire without the compensation of a long contract.

Still, realism isn't Joey's strong point, and he finds decisions difficult.

Isn't that the case with any player in the last year of his contract?

If, for example, a player like Lovenkrands was in the last year of his contract, gets badly injured, he'd struggle even more to find a new club than without the injury.

The only difference in Joey's situation is, that he almost for sure won't get a new contract at his currenct club. But the risk of getting a new one wherever are the same as ever.

I won't be surprised at all to see him turn this contract down. QPR doesn't really match his profile. No matter what anyone thinks of this whole situation Barton is very egotistical, he believes he is an England International, you don't get many of them wanting to sign for QPR at the moment.

I just want the whole saga done and dusted. In an ideal world Barton comes back and is given a two year contract then hopefully this sorry situation is put to bed, unfortunatley all I can see happening is Barton returning not signing a new contact and each week being a ticking time bomb.

Do we have any other players represented by McKay? Want shot of that f***er ASAP.

I think he represents S Taylor.

Paul Stretford (same agent as Rooney's) represent's Taylor.

He's a c*** too.

Surely all agents are. Or am I being racist ??? :)

Do we have any other players represented by McKay? Want shot of that fucker ASAP.

But he's trying to save the club money by getting rid of Barton for them. Cutting the wage bill further is great for the club isn't it?

What do you think of the agents of the players we've brought in or are trying  bring in who are leaving their old clubs in acrimonious circumstances and being paid unprecedented amounts by us?

Could see a relegation release clause being a major sticking/negotiation point.

The fact that they're meeting again looks like it's all about the contract now, otherwise he would have woke up this morning knowing he didn't want to go.

As it's gone this far, am expecting them to bend to his demands and him being off.

Do we have any other players represented by McKay? Want shot of that f***er ASAP.

I think he represents S Taylor.

Paul Stretford (same agent as Rooney's) represent's Taylor.

He's a c*** too.

Surely all agents are. Or am I being racist ??? :)

I'm reminded of a blooper from (I think) The Cooke Report investigating racism in the housing market, cornering some auld cockney landord who'd placed an ad saying "No Asians" interviewing him and him saying he didn't like them because they just took money and didn't do any work, before realising it was his accent and he actually meant agents.

Do we have any other players represented by McKay? Want shot of that fucker ASAP.

But he's trying to save the club money by getting rid of Barton for them. Cutting the wage bill further is great for the club isn't it?

What do you think of the agents of the players we've brought in or are trying  bring in who are leaving their old clubs in acrimonious circumstances and being paid unprecedented amounts by us?

Well I dislike all the football agents I know anything about, but McKay especially because we have been involved with him a lot.

Are people being paid "unprecedented amounts" by us? ???

Guest bimpy474

What do you think of the agents of the players we've brought in or are trying  bring in who are leaving their old clubs in acrimonious circumstances and being paid unprecedented amounts by us?

Well I dislike all the football agents I know anything about, but McKay especially because we have been involved with him a lot.

Are people being paid "unprecedented amounts" by us? ???

This annoys me, if the agent is employed by the player then the player should bloody pay him, the club paying him is utter shite, although he was a total nutjob, Simon Jordan had it rght when he refused to pay agents, told the players they paid them if they employed them.

All agents are cunts if they expect the clubs to pay them.