Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey's problem is that he has to conform to the extreme of a personality stereotype, whether it be resident hard man or cultured intellect. He seems totally incapable of just being himself and accepting normality.

Joey's problem is that he has to conform to the extreme of a personality stereotype, whether it be resident hard man or cultured intellect. He seems totally incapable of just being himself and accepting normality.

Erm, surely he is, by default, being himself.

Erm, surely he is, by default, being himself.

Well by the nature that being himself is pretending to be something else... Maybe. :shifty:

Nah, it has a use, but it's encompasses more than the surface definitions.  Basically, when you say it to someone you are implying to the person that they must try and put on a particular version of themselves that is perceived (by you/them/whoever) as being the best version of themselves for that situation.

I was being mischievous/myself...  Heh.

So in effect the phrase "be yourself" is useless, as nobody can ever not be ones self.

Think next time before you start slinging phrases about that you don't understand Shola, reet?

Yes sir.  :undecided:

Although such a literal interpretation of the word is not what i implied.

Fair enough, it can be useful. Ive said it before on here but I cannot even begin to describe how appalling most forums are including most imdb boards. Still haven't worked out if this forum genuinely is way above average or whether football forums in general have a better standard (RTG and rawk not included)

I love the fact he believes he has a good idea about what the paintings are portraying, yet clearly knows f*** all.

That is the case with anyone talking about art, even the so called "experts", they just talk shite and idiots fall for it

I love the fact he believes he has a good idea about what the paintings are portraying, yet clearly knows f*** all.

That is the case with anyone talking about art, even the so called "experts", they just talk s**** and idiots fall for it

Post-structuralism  :snod: